cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Complaint about help and Support

Hi all,

Apologies for the length of this post, but I am at a loss of who to complain to so thought I would outline why issues here in the hope that I could be pointed in the right direction.

As a long-time customer of NOW (over 6 years), I have always been offered a Sky Sports season ticket for the Premier League season. However, this season I didn't receive an email for an offer (which is absolutely fine if NOW weren't rolling out one). To check, just in case I had been missed, or there was a email error, I got in touch with the Live chat team on Monday 1st August to enquire about it. I was told that I had been sent an offer for 12 months of Sky Sports membership for £20 and this hadn't been communicated with me, and that and that this would be dealt with by the [email removed] team within 24 hours.

Over 48 hours later (Wednesday 3rd August) I received an email from the [email removed] email address with a voucher code for 12 months of Sky Sports at £20/month, so thought that the issue had been resolved. However, when I entered the voucher code I got a message saying "this code has already been used". So I emailed back outlining the issue. In order to get the issue dealt with quickly (as the premier league season was due to start on the Friday, and due to the fact I was sceptical about the assurances I had been given about timescale of response based on my first communication), I also got in touch with the Live chat function to outline my issue with the Case ID (11231019), who assured me that my issue would be marked with high priority as I felt I had been let down by the NOW help team. 

I didn't hear anything from NOW until 16:08 on Saturday 6 August (by which time I had missed the first game of the Premier League season), but the communication simply said 'We haven't heard from you...", despite the fact I had replied to the previous email and got in touch with the live chat. I was obviously pretty irritated by this point, but replied back to this communication outlining the issue I have had on the morning of Sunday 7 August.

I then didn't hear anything back from NOW and had to get in touch with the Live chat team on 9th August and 10th August to ask about the status of my complaint. I got no other response from the team other than that "the team were looking into it and that my query would be responded to". I pushed for a deadline of when that would be as the team had made false promises to me in the weeks preceding, and got given written assurances by the live chat team that I would be responded to in 24 hours (in the communication from the 9th August), and 4 hours (in the communication from the 10th August). To this date, there has been no communication from NOW. 

The chat transcripts and email correspondence is attached in this folder , please feel free to take a look at them.

I was just wondering:

• Has anyone had similar experiences to this in relation to the Live Chat/help function?
  • Is there any steps I can take to escalate this further? - it's obvious the live chat function has clearly given false assurances numerous times, and I would love to be able to email an actual person and get a response. All I wanted to do was to see if I was entitled to a Sky Sports offer this year, and it seems that NOW have massively dug themselves into a hole with me and it's clear to see they are just trying to ignore me and hope it goes away.

Once again, apologies form the long post, but any advice anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Shak

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please help me with the arsenal match ,not seeing where it says you will show it live

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 
Staff members from NOW seldom post on the forum. So stating “you” in the posts will have no meaning to follow a fellow customers.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So can you confirm please if Now will be showing the arsenal match today 

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User No, the Arsenal match kicks off at 3pm. You cannot watch 3pm matches in the UK.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The NOW Community Forum is predominantly customers trying to help fellow customers out.

Unfortunately you will need to keep pestering NOW live chat or perhaps copy your post from here and message them using the complaints web form on this link page below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

There is an offer on the NOW website for £25 per month for 12 months which you can cancel after the Premier League season is over if you wish.

I know it's not the £20 per month offer you was after but might be of interest to somebody on here who wasn't lucky enough to get the £20 per month offer by an invitation email and doesn't want to pay the £33.99 full monthly price.

ricky
Mentor

I too have been a regular customer.

Read on here about the £19.99 offer on sports.

So I asked on the chat line about it and nope there was no offer.

Next day I read on here a customer needed help with there code to get this offer.

So I got back in touch with chat. Who the previous day told me there was no offer only to be told that the offer had now expired. But I could still get the £25 offer.

So cant say that im happy with the result either.

It would be interesting to know how many genuinely did get the offer

or if its just a way to get you to sign up for the £25 offer

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Your beautifully documented and temperately expressed message indicates that you have the patience of a saint.

If investigation bears out what you describe, then Now should perhaps be ashamed, and certainly anxious to make amends.

Hopefully, someone with three stars beside their name can boot this one up the tree for you, to where it can be seen and acted on by Now management.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.