cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cinema pass not showing or working

Hi, I recently renewed my movie pass on a 3 for 1 offer that was sent to my email account. I've done this several times over the last 12 months without any problems. The payment has been taken and the pass is showing as active in my account details, but isn't showing at all in under pass available and can't be accessed. As I can't physically see it I can't even cancel it and start again. This is the same on each of my now TV boxes and my phone, any help would be appreciated. (I've tried re setting, signing in and out etc and contacting live chat without success) Tanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Where exactly does the pass show up in your Account details?

Does the payment show up under My Account/Bills & payments?

If you touch/click Cancel Pass on Movies, more information appears. Does it now show up?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Where exactly does the pass show up in your Account details?

Does the payment show up under My Account/Bills & payments?

If you touch/click Cancel Pass on Movies, more information appears. Does it now show up?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

In answer to your questions, yes and no. Sorry to be so brief I'm at work.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I also have the same problem with my Entertainment pass. I bought it on the 3 for 1 offer, paid for it and although it's showing as an active pass on my account, i can't access any tv shows - it's redirecting me to Nowtv.com to choose product or offer?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's exactly the same as my cinema pass. Live chat don't seem to understand the problem, telling me to re set my equipment, which makes no difference, and due to the limitations of what you can actually do on the account page and the fact that live chat continually times out, I think the only way to resolve the issue will be to contact my bank to stop any future payments and set up a fresh account. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've now made a complaint regarding this and have been corresponding with an adviser all morning. They're unable to help and can't understand the issue is with the activation of the pass and not the T.V or Nowtv stick. I've sent them photos of my tv to show the active pass in my account and the message i receive when i try to watch a tv show.

• The issue has now been escalated higher so i'll let you know if i get any further guidance!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having this problem too. Did you get a solution?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, after a total of 5 weeks I finally got sky/now TV, to cancel my existing pass and issue a refund. They also agreed to give me a month pass free. Cancelling the pass fixed the problem immediately, but the fact that I literally spent hours on live chat trying to sort it out and get them to agree to this action, is in my opinion totally unacceptable.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Well I'm glad I found this thread then. Armed with your experience it's taken a little over an hour to get the active but hidden pass cancelled, refunded and a new voucher code. Just like you, cancelling the pass immediately resolved the issue. My gut feeling is that applying a new offer/voucher code during an active pass creates a bit of a mess behind the scenes. Which isn't really acceptable, as they had sent me the offer because I was cancelling!
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

People adding their first pass also get this issue; I think there is a bug in the NowTV code somewhere that lets some Passes get into this anomalous state irregardless of whether they are new Passes or subsequent ones.

The problem does seem to very much travel with the Pass, so it would be useful for NowTV to compare the data behind a working Pass with the data behind one of these faulty ones, and see where it differs. Then they could (a) write a little Pass-correcting utility for Live Chat to use and (b) look at their code to see if they can find where the wrong bit gets flipped, and fix it long-term