cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cinema offer in HD and ads?

So I was emailed the Now TV cinema pass offer at half price for a few months. Question is, does this come without Ads and do you get it with HD? I only ask because my entertainment has annoying ads and I’ve no intention of having my film interrupted with ads

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

To prevent Ads and to get 1080p then you need the extra Boost Membership.

Have a read of this about NOW Boost.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
redchiz1
Champion 2

Yes, and we know it doesn't come in 1080p HD, but not whether it includes interruptive ads, somebody must know that? 

Saint1976
Elite 3

@redchiz1 @schnapps I think it would be a liberty putting ads into the middle of on demand movies given that sky's live broadcast doesn't include ads.

I can understand on demand entertainment having ads as it just mirrors the live channels.

Looking at the longer threads about ads, the comments only mention box sets and series. I would have expected an explosion on the community page if movies had ads.

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Saint1976 Yep, I think you're right, I wish a user who has Cinema without Boost would just come along and confirm for sure!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Saint1976 

Because i been on a Boost since it's outset, i have no idea what TV Memberships ads are played out, apart from what it says on the NOW help article that i linked on my first post.

There is two different paragraphs on the link, that mentions Movies on Demand will be Add free with Boost.

Where the only NOW TV Membership that states no adds without Boost is Hayu.

It does need further clarification, about if commercial ads are on a non Boost Membership with a Cinema Pass and if there are ads or not and where they are placed if present.

Hopefully somebody who uses the NOW forum regularly who doesn't have Boost with a Cinema Membership needs to confirm accordingly which would be appreciated.

Just a side note, when a forum member is checking their non Boost Cinema Membership, please check on more than one different playback device, because i don't think all playback NOW devices on different platforms have fully moved over to ads yet (might be wrong because it wasn't the case back when ads started to crop up for non Boost Membership back in the Summer.

Totally agree about placing an advert in the middle of a film from the on Demand Cinema library which would cause further up roar..

If there is ads from on Demand then i would assume it would be at the start of movie (lets wait and see if any other forum member contributes to this thread who has a Cinema Pass without Boost and checked a few of their different playback platform devices).

Await the results in trepidation (hopefully you are right and there is no ads on Demand with a Cinema Pass without Boost).