cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cinema offer in HD and ads?

So I was emailed the Now TV cinema pass offer at half price for a few months. Question is, does this come without Ads and do you get it with HD? I only ask because my entertainment has annoying ads and I’ve no intention of having my film interrupted with ads

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

To prevent Ads and to get 1080p then you need the extra Boost Membership.

Have a read of this about NOW Boost.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

To prevent Ads and to get 1080p then you need the extra Boost Membership.

Have a read of this about NOW Boost.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheers for that. Well saves me a few quid not getting it then. I’m in 2 minds of keeping the entertainment package anyhow. At least my Netflix and Prime don’t have ads

redchiz1
Champion 2

@schnapps Does the Cinema Membership now come with ads during movies if you do not also have the Boost? I didn't realise that. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @redchiz1 

I have had Boost since the start of Boost being introduced by NOW (mainly for 50fps Sports).

So i have never seen or encountered the commercial ads on NOW on Demand service.

Since NOW in their wisdom introduced commercial ads on Demand back in the Summer this has gone down like a lead balloon with customers, plus the reduction of two simultaneous streams down to one which hasn't also gone down that well.

The linked article under one of the FAQ says that Entertainment & Cinema TV Membership without Boost will be subject to commercial adverts of some form.

I have no idea if the ads are just at the start and end of the on Demand movie or there is also ad break ups during certain set times when actually watching the film.

Won't be so bad if you could skip the ads.

I am sure a forum member will advise where the ads are inserted who have a Cinema Membership without Boost.

redchiz1
Champion 2

@schnapps OK, just wondering whether it was the lack of HD - I always found Cinema in 720p not too bad to be honest, especially for £5 or less a month - or the intrusion of ads which was more important here. As you say, hopefully someone can clarify the latter point. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mainly the adds. Yes would be nice to have HD but not worth it for that much extra cost a month. The ads though are the main issue. Box sets are now painful to binge watch, so not going to put up with it during a film

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @redchiz1 

With regards to 720p and 1080p on NOW, i can't tell much of a difference when it comes to PQ on a smaller TV screen.

When i compared 720p and 1080p with NOW between my 50 inch Lounge TV and my 92 inch Projector screen it was clearly obvious which was the 720p NOW stream and 1080p NOW stream which was much sharper and had more detail in the picture.

With a NOW Cinema Membership then quite a few customers expect 5.1 sound on their sound system when watching movies.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Indeed. But that wasn't the question.  🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The question was whether it came in he and whether it had annoying ads…..in the same way as it has ruined the entertainment package