cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chomecast Voucher not worked ?

So today I bought a Chromecast device and after setting that up I wanted to activate the 2 month free Sky moves offer. Followed all the instructions and it all seemed to work but then I got an email saying this;

You have a 14 day free trial of the NOW TV Sky Cinema Month Pass and after this your first payment will be taken 14 days from the Order Date shown below. Ongoing payments are £9.99 a month.

Order Reference: 451M80321481
Order Date: 17-Nov-2017
Today's Payment: GBP 0.00

As you can see it's 2 weeks not 2 months, I didn't have a voucher code as the Chromcast package didn't have one but the webpage said "Your voucher code will auto-apply."

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

When you go to the Now TV website with your internet browser by clicking on My Account, My Passes what does it show on screen ?

If the green apply voucher button is still shown next to the cinema pass, try redeeming the Chromecast code again by using an internet browser and copy & paste the NowTV code on the end of the URL address bar and manually input the NOW *********** code.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi @schnapps

thats right, the only offer that come up was two months free

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Have you got a PC or Laptop and tried redeeming the offer by following these instructions linked below ?

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/4624638?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&oco=1

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi

Unfortunately I don't have a laptop or pc
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I am running out of suggestions to be honest, i guessing your tried this method on your Android Phone ?

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/4624638?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&oco=1

Also, perhaps trying going to the Chromecast offers website link below with your Android Phone using the Chrome internet browser to see by pressing the redeem button if the NowTV code shows up on the end of the url address bar where you can manually add the code to your account yourself.

https://store.google.com/product/chromecast_2015_apps#offers 

If that fails, you could try nowtv live chat for further assistance from the link page below (click on the drop down arrow below Anything else to reveal the live chat button).

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/#card:card3_se:otherEnquiriesTab

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Ok thanks, I've sent a message to now tv . Will see what they come back
with.

I tried the links you provided but it keeps asking me to go via the Google
home app to redeem

Thanks for trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Hopefully somebody from the NowTV Team will help you out.

I just checked my Chromecast and i have a voucher ready to redeem on my account and i tried claiming the offer via the Google Home App on my Android Phone and via my PC and both methods for me appeared to be working.

Don't know why you can't seem to find or redeem the offer, the only thing to check is that the wifi is stable from your Chromecast where you need the white light showing on the Chromecast when attempting to redeem the Now TV offer.

Also assuming your are based in the UK and not the Republic of Ireland or using any VPN on your home network ? 

Anyway goodluck and hope you get it sorted soon. 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @schnapps

Hi Kim

I know Schnapps has mentioned this already but you are trying to redeem this offer on your android phone by using the Chrome browser?

I had a hard time trying to redeem the "2 months cinema for £5" offer, and actually gave up on it, until I used my android tablet with my Chrome browser then the voucher appeared in the URL. 

Anyway, good luck.

UK Bob

PS. BTW, my chromecast device, playing Spotify music, and my tablet were both working on my home wi-fi network at the time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps i am using a galaxy note 8.

Both phone (casting from) and chromecast are switched on, all on same network.

Thanks