cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chomecast Voucher not worked ?

So today I bought a Chromecast device and after setting that up I wanted to activate the 2 month free Sky moves offer. Followed all the instructions and it all seemed to work but then I got an email saying this;

You have a 14 day free trial of the NOW TV Sky Cinema Month Pass and after this your first payment will be taken 14 days from the Order Date shown below. Ongoing payments are £9.99 a month.

Order Reference: 451M80321481
Order Date: 17-Nov-2017
Today's Payment: GBP 0.00

As you can see it's 2 weeks not 2 months, I didn't have a voucher code as the Chromcast package didn't have one but the webpage said "Your voucher code will auto-apply."

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

When you go to the Now TV website with your internet browser by clicking on My Account, My Passes what does it show on screen ?

If the green apply voucher button is still shown next to the cinema pass, try redeeming the Chromecast code again by using an internet browser and copy & paste the NowTV code on the end of the URL address bar and manually input the NOW *********** code.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

When you go to the Now TV website with your internet browser by clicking on My Account, My Passes what does it show on screen ?

If the green apply voucher button is still shown next to the cinema pass, try redeeming the Chromecast code again by using an internet browser and copy & paste the NowTV code on the end of the URL address bar and manually input the NOW *********** code.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You're on a free trial until 30 Nov 2017

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Well KO

I had a devil of a time trying to redeem a similar Chromecast offer (a 2 month Now TV cinema pass for £5.00), despite getting clear instructions from my fellow forum members, the offer would not work for me.

Anyway, I finally got the offer, yesterday at 4.00am, and you might be able to activate the offer from the following.

1) Ensure that your Chromecast device is active, working and on your home network.

2) Use Google Chrome browser to access the webpage with the offer, again whether you use a smartphone, tablet or PC ensure that they are on your home network.

3) Click or tap the "Redeem" button.

The next page that comes up should have a voucher/pass code in the URL, carefully copy this code to somewhere safe and then add the code to your Now TV account.  The code will automatically activate after your 14 days free trial runs out.

Hope this helps.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorted now thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks for the help.  The clue is that the voucher code is in the URL and does NOT get applied automatically.  Having signed in (to Now Tv) I went to my passes - where I already had a free 14 day Sky Cinema pass - and clicked on apply voucher.  Then I copied the voucher code from the URL and my free 2 months Sky Cinema pass was accepted and applied to come into action when my 14 day pass finishes.  Super !  Many thanks again for something that should have worked automatically but did not - with no error codes to help!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i purchased a chromecast last week and over the weekend set up the google home app, found i could redeem 2 months NOWtv Cinema pass, when i clicked the link, it took me to the sign in page, i did this, then it took me to redeem voucher, but no voucher code autopoulated, i treid to do this several times, to no avail, now the google home app is not showing the offer, and chromecast help pages tell me to come to now tv for assistance?

How do i get the 2 month cinema pass? if the link does not work/voucher wont autopopulate?

Your contact us page is not loading so i cannot send an email

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

just to add, i did try and find the code in the URL but did not see anything.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

What device are you using to redeem the Chromecast NowTV offer ?

Also make sure that both your casting device and Chromecast is switched on and is working on the same wifi network.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you have just purchased a new Chromecast then i am guessing you are trying to redeem the 2 month nowtv cinema pass which should be still valid ?

And not the other NowTV offer for 2 month cinema pass for £5 which according to these T&C's you needed to activate the Chromecast device before the 10th October 2017.

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6008836?hl=en-GB&ref_topic=6065164