cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cancellation offer on sky sports

I was looking to cancel my sky sports pass for this month but then found that I could get a one off month at £16.99, I tried to select this but it didn't allow this to happen: Error message: 'Well, this is embarrassing... We're not sure what happened there. Please try selecting your offer again'. I did take a screen grab of this but it won't let me attach it to the email.

Would you be able to fix this and apply the discount to my pass please?

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to note for those reading the thread:

Amazingly, I managed to get through to CS. They can't apply the offer discount themselves as it's an automatically generated code. They offer no alternative.

Personally, I've cancelled completely. I'll stream with a VPN from the usual places instead. I used to avoid "illegal" streams, but with the football calendar so split between multiple service providers, no 3PM kick off Saturday matches, substandard streaming quality from NowTV, and the £5 million bonus pay off from PL clubs to a multi millionaire in Scudamore, I no longer feel the slightest bit bothered about streaming "illegally" for free from elsewhere.   

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem here.  Still getting the "this is embarrassing" message.  I would have accepted the offer but now I've cancelled completely.  It's a shame because it's been performing quite well on my Mac, whereas it used to suffer from the endless spinning balls.

Can't believe CS had no other options.  What about giving you a voucher or something?  They seem particularly clueless.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried their online chat today.  Got disconnected 3 times due to timeout.  They wanted me to pay full price for an extra month and they would refund me to make the actual cost £16.99.  When I was disconnected for the 3rd time I gave up.  Bit of a gamble to expect a refund anyway, I thought.

Received an email today encouraging me to take another pass so that I can watch the Ryder Cup!!!! On the ball, NowTV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's not just on sky sports the error is on all passes, I'm trying to sort a deal out for my elderly housebound parents who can't really afford the prices but offer prices make it manageable. Very disappointed.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 
Head onto Live chat to see what Now Tv staff can do for you.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint
Make sure you click “chat to an advisor”

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue today nearly 3 years on...

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Use my post directly up from yours to complain and see what staff at NOW can do.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help