cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't buy Black Friday offer

We bought the 12 month Sky Cinema and Entertainment pass last Black Friday.

Tried to do the same this Black Friday offer, as that offer is now ending.

All we get is this error.

error

On our Passes page it says this.

Passes

The free offer message is only showing on the Cinema, nothing on the Entertainment pass.

Does anyone no what's wrong and the best way to fix it.

Thanks.

53 REPLIES 53
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm considering either buying the stick 12 m cinema & ent offer & keeping it til my current ent pass expires (chat didn't seem to think it would keep that long without activating it) OR setting up a new account for wife & cancelling my old pass on my account so it doesn't renew. don't know what to do?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

With the 12 month passes with the included nowtv stick you have 12 months from date of purchase to redeem the passes off the stick.

So if you have any existing offers on your account that have a few months remaining you should be fine with the above.

Once the stick arrives, set it up and activate it on your existing account, then the 12 month vouchers will be saved on your account ready to redeem once in the last 30 days of your existing offers on your account.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @schnapps just ordered stick offer no probs. £7 more but a new stick won't hurt & i'll not loose my current pass. How come the chat people don't know this??

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When the stick arrives set it up using your existing account, then once set up the vouchers will be automatically loaded to your account.

You can check this by going to My Account > Passes & Vouchers on here and at the top of the screen page it will say "vouchers awaiting for you" then click on the button where it will take you to another page on your account and it will tell you when you can redeeem and start your new vouchers.

Here's a screenshot of My Passes & Vouchers where i recently added an entertainment voucher off the stick and because i am on a current entertainment offer until the 28th of Feb 2019, i can't redeem until closer to that date.

stick vouchers.PNG
stick vouchers waiting for you.PNG

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps should I cancel my current Ent pass before my stick arrives, I was going to cancel it last month but Chat said if i cancelled it that soon I would lose the rest of my 6 month pack?? Yet beside cancel in my account it says you keep your access until your next bill date which is Feb for me.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Which BF bundled stick pass deal did you buy entertainment & cinema combined or entertainment or cinema on it's own ?

When you go to My Account > Passes & Vouchers and click on the drop down arrow below entertainment & cinema, when does it say is your next due payment date ?

If your entertainment & cinema pass says that payment dates are not until sometime during 2019, then don't cancel and when stick arrives set it up straight away on your existing account.

Then once in the last 30 days of your next due payment date you should then be able to redeem & start your new voucher pass saved on your account.

Just make sure that you redeem the vouchers within the last 30 days time left before the full price renewal date shows on your account.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps entertainment & cinema combined. Only have Ent pass & expires/next bill due date 17 Feb 2019. So I don't cancel yet & as long as I redeem the new voucher from say 20/21st Jan it should take over & next bill should be Feb 2020? Thanks for your help.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Don't cancel your entertainment pass, then somewhere around end of January 2019 redeem the voucher for the entertainment pass which should then show that your next due payment will be 17th of February 2020.

With the cinema 12 month voucher if you wish you could redeem once the stick is activated (because you are not on a current cinema offer) or redeem when you like in the 12 month time limit.

For example if you redeemed the cinema voucher say on the 5th of December 2018 then it would expire on the 5th of December 2019 where it will say on your account that your next due payment will be the 5th of December 2019.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have a 1 month cinema pass needs using up anyway so i'll use it & my free trial & then activate the 12m cinema?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

That should be fine, start the 14 day free cinema trial first, then add the 1 month cinema voucher within the 14 day trial period, then once you have done this and both are showing on your account.

Then i would setup and activate your stick.