cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Buy Now TV pass gift card

Why can’t I find a Now TV gift cards in shops anymore?

I have bought them for family members for years but nowhere seems to have any now.

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The old style NowTV Gift Cards have been phased out, which is a shame because they was pretty good value for money compared to the monthly subs.

NowTV have introduced new style Gift Cards which are not good value compared to the old style Gift Cards.

I have seen the new style Gift Cards at my local Tesco's for the last couple of months (won't be buying them myself because in my opinion they are not priced at an attractive price for me).

Here's one thread on the forum discussing the new style NowTV Gift Cards.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Offers-Vouchers/New-style-entertainment-pass/td-p/533818 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Just to follow on from what @schnapps  has already advised, yes, the older style Gift Cards that many Now TV users enjoyed utilising have unfortunately been removed and changed with newer, less good value alternatives.  I've used the previous gift cards for years, but those good days seem to be over!!!!!  I still have some older gift cards to use in the coming months, but come some point in 2021 I will need to consider these new gift cards.

From my experience however I am finding it trickier to find these new gift cards in shops.  I generally bought my Now TV gift cards in my local Morrisons supermarkets and WH Smiths stores and recently these stores have cleared their stock of old cards, BUT they haven't replaced them with the newer ones??

So yes, there are new version gift cards out there, I just haven't seen one in the flesh yet.  A couple of different forum users (including @schnapps ) have seen them in Tesco, so maybe that is the best place to find them until they become more widely available??

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

I haven't been in my local Tesco for a couple of weeks, but these two NowTV articles have been recently updated (when i checked a couple of weeks ago this wasn't the case) which would suggest to me that NowTV Gift Cards will no longer be sold (new or old syle).

Would this be correct @Simon-J  ?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/gift-cards 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/apply-voucher-gift-cards 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps 

Interesting and disappointing news in one fell swoop, but that would certainly seem like the reason we can't find them anymore????

Seems strange that there was this new version in some shops......maybe, they did this new poorer value gift card as a test and only put it in certain shops to see if folk would still buy it and maybe folk haven't been buying it, so they've decided to pull them altogether???????

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Lets see if @Simon-J of the NowTV Team will officially clarify on this thread if the short lived new style NowTV Gift Cards have also been scrapped.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for the rapid reply. I have to say though, if anyone official from Now TV reads this, it’s a bad idea to remove the gift cards as the6 make really good presents. As a consequence, I will be buying my three kids a £25 Netflix gift card as a stocking filler for Xmas instead 🙂