cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bought a 3 month entertainment pass from Argos but given 2 month movie pass instead

I bought a 3 month Nowtv Entertainment pass from Argos,  put it staight into my bag and did not notice I had been given a 2 month Sky cinema pass.

Went back to Argos and explained they had made an error, showed them my receipt which clearly shows I had bought an entertainment pass.

They refused to exchange it saying it was not covered by their 30 day guarantee and that the money was already in the system to Sky.

I was told to contact Sky but an online advisor told me they could not help and that I had to go back to the store.

Argos have said that the 3 month entertainment pass may have been loaded onto this card, I have tried to activate the pass via the entertainment pass section but it has not worked.

Can anyone please advise as I am going round in circles. 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We would contact Argos head office. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Just contacted Argos helpline and they can not over rule the stores decision

Anonymous User
Not applicable

An update on this problem.

Tried Now Tv online help again and this time I was lucky to have someone who went out of their way to help resolve the issue.

Apparently Argos had sold me an out of date cinema pass which was totally unusable for anything.

My online advisor was very kindly going to issue me a new code for a 2 month cinema pass but I explained that I had bought a 3 month Entertainment pass.

The advisor believed me and after sending a photo of my receipt as proof I am now sorted with the correct  pass.

I shall be making a complaint to Argos.

Many thanks to Tanaaz from Now Tv Team, you were brilliant.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's good you got it sorted. But take it further with Argos.