cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy1970
Advocate

Boost offer removed

I had taken up an offer for Boost at £1. I went on a long holiday and cancelled my entertainment account for a month as I wouldn’t be using it but left the Boost running as I didn’t want to lose the offer.   Now have kindly take away the Boost to save me money but I’ve restarted the entertainment package and want the Boost! Is there any way to get it reinstated? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Andy1970 

Ah yes, when you have no other Memberships running, Boost stops on its next renewal date.

I did construct the theoretical corner-case scenario a while back where if Now do this on a discounted Boost, and the customer then renews shortly afterwards, it can actually cost that customer more money than if the Boost were continued.

And now you have lived it!

A bit difficult (though not impossible) for Now to handle programmatically, but I imagine it happens so rarely that coding for it isn’t worthwhile; still I hope Live Chat sorted you out by reinstating the balance of your Boost offer 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy1970 

Go onto live chat. Make sure to click “chat online” within the green box, don’t hit “get help quicker” as this is a bot.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Or email support using the address in the below picture.

gavs82008_0-1671385728562.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Andy1970 

Ah yes, when you have no other Memberships running, Boost stops on its next renewal date.

I did construct the theoretical corner-case scenario a while back where if Now do this on a discounted Boost, and the customer then renews shortly afterwards, it can actually cost that customer more money than if the Boost were continued.

And now you have lived it!

A bit difficult (though not impossible) for Now to handle programmatically, but I imagine it happens so rarely that coding for it isn’t worthwhile; still I hope Live Chat sorted you out by reinstating the balance of your Boost offer 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Andy1970
Advocate

Thanks!  That’s exactly what‘s happened and glad to prove your scenario is a reality!!