cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ukjonnyboy
Advocate

Boost - F1 it’s included but it’s saying restart boost

I cancelled my Sports memberships including boost last week, F1 offer applied today at £21 however it included free boost. But on the boost section it’s saying restart membership. If I do this I assume I will get £6 a month fee or will it be free? Not hitting restart atm, 

5 REPLIES 5
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Ukjonnyboy just to clear things up a little. You're saying that you cancelled a membership and then took out a new offer?

Was that offer the email offer? If it was, I believe the email offer was £19.99 a month for 12 months, so are you sure you've paid £21 or is it showing the next payment as £21? The reason I ask is there is a known issue where future payment are incorrectly displayed and we've had assurances from Now that they will only take the offer amount each month.

Again, if it was the email offer then yes, Boost Membership is free for the first month.

Jump on to live chat in the link below and see what can be done. Make sure you have a screen shot of your email as proof of the offer.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

gejandcj
Scholar

Boost is free for a month with the General 12 months for £21 as well. OP were you within the last 30 days of the offer period you had for your current boost period?

If not, that can sometimes play havoc when trying to take out a new offer.

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Ukjonnyboy 

Did you cancel the Boost via My Account, or just leave it on the basis that it would lapse when the Sports membership did? When you ordered today, did both offers show on the confirmation page? 

RoyB
Legend

@Ukjonnyboy 

If you cancel Boost, then until the end of the current Boost period, it is restartable, and it is offering you that restart option. So no, you won’t be charged immediately if you restart Boost, but you would be charged for subsequent months of Boost.

I would presume that the Sports Membership you cancelled had already passed its renewal date, or you would have found the same thing with that pass.

People have found in the past that a hanging-over cancelled Sports Membership like that could prevent them taking up a new Sports deal whose deadline to sign up was before the end of the hanging-over period; in cases like that, you could get Live Chat to ‘super-cancel’ the hanging-over pass so you could take advantage of the offer.

I have no idea what might happen with the free Boost period you aren’t getting as part of the Sports deal; maybe you aren’t eligible for it as you have already had Boost, or maybe you need Live Chat to super-cancel your hanging-over Boost so you can start the free Boost period in the Sports deal.

Live Chat will know the answer here, though, so best contact them and see what they advise.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Ukjonnyboy
Advocate
That’s great thank you, I will contact them today to resolve. Have had mixed success in the past so thought I would use the forum in the first instance.

Thanks all, will report back when I’ve spoken to them.