cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Black Friday kids pass existing customer fob off

The black friday  kids pass offer is not available on the existing customer's page, yet on the main black friday offers page the terms and conditions are:

Screenshot 2018-11-18 at 11.29.06.pngSo, the terms state that all 12 month offers are available for both new and existing customers, yet 3 hours into several customer service chats (completely pointless as they have ignored every detail given) I am still being told it is for new customers only.

Also, the 12 months with a smart stick for £22 is available to me as an existing customer, which also does not appear on the existing customer offers.  I have an entertainment and cinema pass with different end dates so I won't be making a new account for this offer.

So, why can't I get the £15 deal?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User :

I've just had a similar discussion over the support chat interface, but with a slightly more hopeful outcome. There's at least an acknowledgement that the terms do say existing customers are eligible. I'm posting the transcript below in the hope that it helps others, and I'll try and remember to update when I hear any further news:

Sharlaine (23/11/2018, 17:47:40): Thanks for contacting NOW TV, you are talking to Sharlaine. Can I start by taking your full name and email address, please?
null (23/11/2018, 17:48:34): It's Danny xxxxx, and our email address is [email removed].
Sharlaine (23/11/2018, 17:48:59): Hello Danny. How may I help you today?
null (23/11/2018, 17:49:50): I'm trying to buy the NowTV kids pass 12 month offer for £15 to add to our account (we currently only have entertainment and movies), but can't seem to do that on the website.
Sharlaine (23/11/2018, 17:52:48): Thanks for your interest in the offer. The £15 offer is for new sign ups to NOW TV. The Kids Month Pass with the NOW TV Smart Stick for £22.
null (23/11/2018, 17:53:42): Well the terms and conditions say: "12 month offers and Sports offers available to both new and existing NOW TV customers signing up via www.nowtv.com only. 18+.". Is this wrong?
Sharlaine (23/11/2018, 17:56:47): I am just checking this with our marketing team for you. We were updated that this was for new customers only.
null (23/11/2018, 17:59:05): Well the website still clearly says both new and existing customers. I can also see on your community site that someone else complained about this 5 days ago, so are you going to honour the offer, or should I contact the Advertising Standards Authority?
https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Offers-Vouchers/Black-Friday-kids-pass-existing-customer-fob-off/m-p/484593
Sharlaine (23/11/2018, 18:02:09): I understand where you're coming from. However, as the system is not allowing you to redeem the offer, I will have to escalate this to the support team to check because you are correct the terms do state that existing customers should be able to add the offer.
null (23/11/2018, 18:02:30): That would be great, and much appreciated.
Sharlaine (23/11/2018, 18:03:54): No worries. Please check your inbox for an update.
Sharlaine (23/11/2018, 18:04:02): Is there anything else I can clarify today?
null (23/11/2018, 18:04:25): No, I was only interested in taking up this offer as I'd seen it advertised.
Sharlaine (23/11/2018, 18:06:13): Alright. We hope to have good news for you soon. Thanks for getting in touch. Have a good evening.
null (23/11/2018, 18:06:24): Thanks, and you too.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'll be surprised if they reply to you with offering you the deal!

They point blank refused the deal because it wasn't available for exisiting customers or because it wasn't on the existing customer deals page or that I was using the wrong browser!  Anything but simply honouring the deal despite the t&c.

The last one told me they would get the issue resolved on the website and it would take up to 72 hours.  I'm pretty sure it's been over that now!

Good luck.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It says the same thing in the T&Cs for their 12 month Entertainment Pass or Cinema Pass but I am unable to get the deal as an exisiting customer:

NowTV.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well it's the usual level of Sky/NowTV 'support' - no response at all in any way, but they have silently updated the terms and conditions regarding the kids pass at least (guessing the mention of the ASA made them do that finally).

I think I'll just cancel my other passes, had enough of this disreputable outfit.