Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lucy16
Occasional Poster

Re: Black Friday - existing customer

@Weebrenny wrote:

Ian,

I just tried again but using my laptop (I was using my phone before) and it seems to have let me order the 12 months cinema pass + now tv stick for £62. I just went via the Black Friday landing page and then signed in when prompted and carried on from there.

It may be worth a try assuming like me you've previously been trying to do it using your phone. I didn't try the 12 months for £55 as I was happy to get a stick for another £7 but even if you don't need the stick it's still worth paying the £62.

I haven't had the confirmation email yet but it gave me an onscreen confirmation number and the transaction is currently pending on my card account so I assume it has gone through.

Cheers,

Weebrenny.

Lucy16
Occasional Poster

Hi....I have done exactly the same thing however going into my payments it says that I have the deal and it's processing but also that I a direct debit is due on the 2 Dec to come out for the movies at £9.99 ..do you know if i should cancel this or will it be done automatically ...thank you 

0 Thanks
LucyJP
Occasional Poster

This has happened to me to. I have managed to order the year TV and cinema pass with the stick so I can use it in a different room as already have a box, but it's not showing on my passes at all. The payment has gone, and the payment for my current pass is due to go out on Wednesday. Do I need to cancel this? Should I contact them for help?

0 Thanks
SteveBJ
Occasional Poster

Hi,

I tried that but the 2 for 1 offer wasn't available (it didn't come up). The 12 months pass and firestick were but I don't want those.
0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @SteveBJ

The 2 for 1 nowtv offers are for new customers only who follow the link on the nowtv Black Friday webpage and create an account from this link.

If you are an existing customer who created a nowtv account via a different route and method then the 2 for 1 offer will not work and you won't be eligible Smiley Sad

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @LucyJP

If you have purchased the nowtv stick with the bundled pass or passes.

Then if so, you will have to wait until the stick is delivered and setup on your television before you can redeem the BF voucher pass / passes on your account.

Just in case the stick is not delivered in time when your next payment is due on Wednesday, i would suggest that you cancel your pass in question on your account.

Then once the stick arrives, set it up (using your existing account details) then once the new stick is activated, go to the nowtv website under My Account > Passes & Vouchers, where you should see a redeem button to start your BF voucher pass or passes.

Highlighted
LucyJP
Occasional Poster

Thank you so much, that's really helpful.

Muffins
First Poster

Found this and worked for me as an eligible customer with an expiring account less than 30 days...log in to your account and go to passes then copy "/offer/UFP_12MnthCin_5500" onto the end of the url.

Credit where it's due: https://www.hotukdeals.com/comments/permalink/36246924

Best guess is Now TV couldn't get this link working as it should.

Good luck

0 Thanks
zoara
First Poster

Just found this thread - and MrMeeseeks's screenshot, thank you! - after some extended arguments with Now TV customer support trying to get 12 months Kids and 12 months Cinema. Interestingly, they changed their T&Cs since the screenshot in this thread to exclude Kids and (it seems) try to exclude Cinema - but it was badly worded and actually didn't exclude it.

I've repeatedly been offered the deal with the stick for £7 more per pass; every time I've said I don't want to pay an extra 20% and to pay for two (two!) sticks that will go straiught in the bin, I've been offered the deal with the sticks for £7 more. Finally I've had them make me an offer without the sticks... for a whole 12p less than they'd already been offering me.

Here's my latest email to them:

Hi,

As I said in my previous email, it is getting really frustrating that my requests are consistently being misunderstood. At least you didn't offer me a TV stick this time around, so at least there's an improvement! I have to say, this is probably the worst customer service I have ever received - please can we get it right this time?

As I said in my previous email, offering me six months free Kids and six months free Cinema still leaves me paying more per year than your advertised offer, and is effectively identical to your original suggestion to take the stick offers which I rejected as more expensive and more wasteful than what you advertised.

Your advertised offer was:

12 months Kids = £15
12 months Cinema = £55
Total for 12 months Kids and Cinema = £70

You claimed I wasn't eligible as I was an existing customer (despite your T&Cs saying otherwise) and offered:

12 months Kids + stick = £22
12 months Cinema + stick = £62
Total for 12 months Kids and Cinema = £84

You are now offering me:

6 months free Kids + 6 months paid Kids = £23.94
6 months free Cinema + 6 months paid Cinema = £59.94
Total for 12 months Kids and Cinema = £83.88

Other than the fact that I'm not receiving a pair of sticks, I fail to see how this is at all an improvement (unless you think that 12p is significant). As before, what you are offering costs me an extra 20% (£13.88) over your advertised offer. It's no longer about the money, but about the principle; this almost feels deliberately fraudulent, given that most of your existing customers would take the (20% more expensive) alternative you originally suggested. I'm sure organisations such as Which? and Trading Standards will be very interested in this case, given that you appear to be breaching the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations.

To make this right, I would suggest both

a) offering me 7 months free Kids and 7 months free cinema, resulting in
costs to me of:

7 months free Kids + 5 months paid Kids = £19.95
7 months free Cinema + 5 months paid Cinema = £49.95
Total for 12 months Kids and Cinema = £69.90

b) offering commensurate refunds or credits to those existing customers who were misled into paying more than the advertised offer; specifically the cost of the sticks (£7 per pass) plus an offer to return any unwanted sticks for environmentally-sound disposal or recycling.

Many thanks in advance, I look forward to hearing your response.

0 Thanks