cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Black Friday - existing customer

Hi, 

I'm trying to get the 12 months cinema pass for £55 Black Friday offer but when I click through it and sign in it takes me to the 'existing customer' page which doesn't display that offer.

On the 12 months for £55 page it clearly states in the terms and conditions that  "12 month offers and Sports offers available to both new and existing NOW TV customers signing up via www.nowtv.com only."

Does anyone know how I get the offer?

I currently have a pass but it expires on 21 December so less than 30 days.

Thanks,

Weebrenny

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Don't have a solution, but just a "me too".

I e-mailed customer support on Monday, but no response so far. There's this response in the following thread which gives me some hope (about 5 hours ago at the time of writing).

"We're looking into this as we speak. 

As soon as we have an update we'll post an update here. 

Thanks Niamhd Smiley Happy"

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Offers-Vouchers/Can-t-buy-Black-Friday-offer/m-p/484988#M1743

No response to e-mail for 3 days is pretty poor though, even if it's just "yeah - sorry - working on it".

Ian

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ian,

I just tried again but using my laptop (I was using my phone before) and it seems to have let me order the 12 months cinema pass + now tv stick for £62. I just went via the Black Friday landing page and then signed in when prompted and carried on from there.

It may be worth a try assuming like me you've previously been trying to do it using your phone. I didn't try the 12 months for £55 as I was happy to get a stick for another £7 but even if you don't need the stick it's still worth paying the £62.

I haven't had the confirmation email yet but it gave me an onscreen confirmation number and the transaction is currently pending on my card account so I assume it has gone through.

Cheers,

Weebrenny.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheers - that might be an option, although I wanted both the 12m Cinema and 12m Kids packages. Don't think I can justify a Now TV Box + 2 sticks in the house for 1 TV. 🙂

Went through live chat yesterday and they were going to "pass it to the technical team". No indication of when this will be resolved.

Is there a case for going to Ofcom for advertising offers that no customers are able to obtain?

Has ANYONE actually managed to sign up to this deal as an existing customer?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Ian,

I just tried again but using my laptop (I was using my phone before) and it seems to have let me order the 12 months cinema pass + now tv stick for £62. I just went via the Black Friday landing page and then signed in when prompted and carried on from there.

It may be worth a try assuming like me you've previously been trying to do it using your phone. I didn't try the 12 months for £55 as I was happy to get a stick for another £7 but even if you don't need the stick it's still worth paying the £62.

I haven't had the confirmation email yet but it gave me an onscreen confirmation number and the transaction is currently pending on my card account so I assume it has gone through.

Cheers,

Weebrenny.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,

I tried that but the 2 for 1 offer wasn't available (it didn't come up). The 12 months pass and firestick were but I don't want those.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The 2 for 1 nowtv offers are for new customers only who follow the link on the nowtv Black Friday webpage and create an account from this link.

If you are an existing customer who created a nowtv account via a different route and method then the 2 for 1 offer will not work and you won't be eligible Smiley Sad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi....I have done exactly the same thing however going into my payments it says that I have the deal and it's processing but also that I a direct debit is due on the 2 Dec to come out for the movies at £9.99 ..do you know if i should cancel this or will it be done automatically ...thank you 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This has happened to me to. I have managed to order the year TV and cinema pass with the stick so I can use it in a different room as already have a box, but it's not showing on my passes at all. The payment has gone, and the payment for my current pass is due to go out on Wednesday. Do I need to cancel this? Should I contact them for help?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you have purchased the nowtv stick with the bundled pass or passes.

Then if so, you will have to wait until the stick is delivered and setup on your television before you can redeem the BF voucher pass / passes on your account.

Just in case the stick is not delivered in time when your next payment is due on Wednesday, i would suggest that you cancel your pass in question on your account.

Then once the stick arrives, set it up (using your existing account details) then once the new stick is activated, go to the nowtv website under My Account > Passes & Vouchers, where you should see a redeem button to start your BF voucher pass or passes.