cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Black Friday - existing customer

Hi, 

I'm trying to get the 12 months cinema pass for £55 Black Friday offer but when I click through it and sign in it takes me to the 'existing customer' page which doesn't display that offer.

On the 12 months for £55 page it clearly states in the terms and conditions that  "12 month offers and Sports offers available to both new and existing NOW TV customers signing up via www.nowtv.com only."

Does anyone know how I get the offer?

I currently have a pass but it expires on 21 December so less than 30 days.

Thanks,

Weebrenny

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much, that's really helpful.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried the 2 for 1 Entertainment pass. Looks like that's not available either. Not impressed 😒

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem with me; tried contacting support who couldn't help. Obviously not a well tested promotion.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have also tried to get this deal and been on live chat twice for over an hour and half. As soon as I sign in the deal diappears too. If you get an answer I would likd to know too. I only had a trial before and was interested in coming back to Now but can't get the deal

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi, 

I'm trying to get the 12 months cinema pass for £55 Black Friday offer but when I click through it and sign in it takes me to the 'existing customer' page which doesn't display that offer.

On the 12 months for £55 page it clearly states in the terms and conditions that  "12 month offers and Sports offers available to both new and existing NOW TV customers signing up via www.nowtv.com only."

Does anyone know how I get the offer?

I currently have a pass but it expires on 21 December so less than 30 days.

Thanks,

Weebrenny

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same problem here as well - I got the 2017 deal of Cinema & Entertainment for £99, which ends soon, and I wanted to get the new 2018 deal for Entertainment for 12 months for £45 (new and existing customers) but I can't seem to get it to work.

I have cancelled both my Cinema & Entertainment passes but that hasn't helped me be able to get the new 2018 deal.

As far as I can tell once my old Cinema & Entertainment passes end soon then I won't have any NowTV! 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Here is a screenshot of the T&Cs for their 12 month Entertainment Pass or Cinema Pass, clearly saying that they are "available to both new and existing NOW TV customers" but I am unable to get the deal as an exisiting customer:

NowTV.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It seems existing users only qualify if they are within the last 30 days of their current pass 🤔😐

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just found this thread - and MrMeeseeks's screenshot, thank you! - after some extended arguments with Now TV customer support trying to get 12 months Kids and 12 months Cinema. Interestingly, they changed their T&Cs since the screenshot in this thread to exclude Kids and (it seems) try to exclude Cinema - but it was badly worded and actually didn't exclude it.

I've repeatedly been offered the deal with the stick for £7 more per pass; every time I've said I don't want to pay an extra 20% and to pay for two (two!) sticks that will go straiught in the bin, I've been offered the deal with the sticks for £7 more. Finally I've had them make me an offer without the sticks... for a whole 12p less than they'd already been offering me.

Here's my latest email to them:

Hi,

As I said in my previous email, it is getting really frustrating that my requests are consistently being misunderstood. At least you didn't offer me a TV stick this time around, so at least there's an improvement! I have to say, this is probably the worst customer service I have ever received - please can we get it right this time?

As I said in my previous email, offering me six months free Kids and six months free Cinema still leaves me paying more per year than your advertised offer, and is effectively identical to your original suggestion to take the stick offers which I rejected as more expensive and more wasteful than what you advertised.

Your advertised offer was:

12 months Kids = £15
12 months Cinema = £55
Total for 12 months Kids and Cinema = £70

You claimed I wasn't eligible as I was an existing customer (despite your T&Cs saying otherwise) and offered:

12 months Kids + stick = £22
12 months Cinema + stick = £62
Total for 12 months Kids and Cinema = £84

You are now offering me:

6 months free Kids + 6 months paid Kids = £23.94
6 months free Cinema + 6 months paid Cinema = £59.94
Total for 12 months Kids and Cinema = £83.88

Other than the fact that I'm not receiving a pair of sticks, I fail to see how this is at all an improvement (unless you think that 12p is significant). As before, what you are offering costs me an extra 20% (£13.88) over your advertised offer. It's no longer about the money, but about the principle; this almost feels deliberately fraudulent, given that most of your existing customers would take the (20% more expensive) alternative you originally suggested. I'm sure organisations such as Which? and Trading Standards will be very interested in this case, given that you appear to be breaching the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations.

To make this right, I would suggest both

a) offering me 7 months free Kids and 7 months free cinema, resulting in
costs to me of:

7 months free Kids + 5 months paid Kids = £19.95
7 months free Cinema + 5 months paid Cinema = £49.95
Total for 12 months Kids and Cinema = £69.90

b) offering commensurate refunds or credits to those existing customers who were misled into paying more than the advertised offer; specifically the cost of the sticks (£7 per pass) plus an offer to return any unwanted sticks for environmentally-sound disposal or recycling.

Many thanks in advance, I look forward to hearing your response.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Found this and worked for me as an eligible customer with an expiring account less than 30 days...log in to your account and go to passes then copy "/offer/UFP_12MnthCin_5500" onto the end of the url.

Credit where it's due: https://www.hotukdeals.com/comments/permalink/36246924

Best guess is Now TV couldn't get this link working as it should.

Good luck