cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mentor

Black Friday £99 Offer

Hi,

I'm trying to sign up for the £99 BF offer for 'existing' customers.

I had an offer still running on one of passes - it said I was ineligible.

I have now cancelled all of my passes - it still says I am ineligible.

My sports pass runs out 28/11, my entertainment and movies passes run out 09/12.

So currently the situation is unless I can sign up for the £99 offer my passes will expire and I won't be paying anymore.

Any solutions?

Simon

0 Thanks
8 Replies
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Black Friday £99 Offer

@2wenty4our1

If you had an offer that would have continued for longer than 9th Dec (eg something like a £X for X months offer) then that might be the problem, as until the pass finishes on 9th Dec the system may be waiting to see if you restart it.

However I'm not sure how NOW TV are treating such offers in regards the Black Friday take-up, so you'd really need NOW TV to look into this to find out exactly what the problem is and if you should be entitled to it.

I'd suggest contacting live chat again, or if you'd rather you can try sending them a message instead.

You can send the NOW TV Team a message or get to live chat from the Contact Us page

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

(choose the options that apply to you, or expand the Anything Else section)

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

I'm in the same boat as the OP (can't sign up to offer as still have a pass on my account with more than 30 days left to run).

Believe me there is no point contacting customer services as they are utterly useless. All I wanted is to get my pass cancelled clean off so I could take up the offer (I was even willing to lose the remaining months of the pass), but still they won't budge.

I've had excuses of "I'm having a technical difficulty". "Computer say's no" etc. Then to add insult to injury, one chap suggested I check at Christmas as there might be some good offers then.... not for me as the bl00dy pass will still be valid then!

I know full well they can fully cancel off passes as I've heard it's been done for others. I shall be voting with my feet this time as I've just had enough of the shoddy customer service from NOW TV over the years.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I think the offer is for, new customers only.

We loyal customers get the usual kick in the teeth.

The only way I can see around to getting the deal is by creating a new account. Then when your old account is due for renewal, cancel it and switch all your devices over to your new account.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

But this is meant to an offer for existing customers. The offer page even has 'existing' in the URL.

I suspect Now TV only want people who have happily been paying full price for years to sign up (i.e. "eligible"), and not people who have been on an offer recently (which would include anyone who is on a pass from buying a box or who has been offered a better price when trying to cancel).

But of course that makes no sense. People who have been paying full price would likely continue to pay full price without even notcing this offer. Those who are on deals are exactly the people this offer should be targeting!

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Live Chat have said there is nothing I can do.

Guess I'll just create a new account.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

For any existing customers who are interested, or who missed the offer during Black Friday, NOW TV have the £99 for 12 months of entertainment and cinema offer back on. 

http://www.nowtv.com/home/existing

To take advantage you need to be an existing customer and if you currently have a multi-month offer on either entertainment or movies (or both), this offer(s) needs to end within the next 30 days. Promotion finishes end of day 31st December 2017.

Full terms are

Winter offer: Offer available to existing NOW TV customers (customers must currently be paying full price or have less than 30 days to run on their existing offer). 18+. UK only. Offer not available to existing customers currently billed by a third parties such as Vodafone or Apple. At the end of the pre-paid period month passes automatically renew at standard price unless cancelled (Entertainment Month Pass currently at £7.99 a month and Sky Cinema Month Pass currently at £9.99 a month). Offer ends 31 Dec 2017 at 23:59. Savings claims based on the standard price paid by existing customers (standard monthly price Entertainment Pass currently at £7.99 a month and Sky Cinema Pass currently at £9.99 a month). NOW TV account set up with debit/credit card required. NOW TV terms apply (nowtv.com/terms). Content streamed via broadband/3G (costs may apply) to compatible device.

Highlighted
Scholar

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I don't think thats right.

I'm not a NowTV customer anymore (still have an account, but no passes). I never got an email, but I can log on and see the offer.

My son and his partner are existing customers and can see the offer and I paid for them to get it as a christmas present.

My dad has a pass, buit he cannot see any black friday offers at all other than a sports one.

Its very odd. Hes going to get in touch with live chat - hoping they can sort him out.

0 Thanks