cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asdxxxx
Scholar

Black Friday - £99 12 month deal - "something went wrong at our end"

Clicking on the  £99 12 month deal for cinema/entertainment, getting an error "something went wrong at our end". Sky are clearly happy losing all their customers!!!

1.jpg

2.jpg

41 REPLIES 41
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried to do the same  and got the same message. I actually had an online chat with them the other day and they said they weren’t doing the 12 month pass for Black Friday this year, so I got a reduced 4 month deal. They clearly are doing the deal but just not for existing customers....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi - buy mistake I cancelled on 29 October 2019 before the expiry of my 12 mth pass and I dont have the option to purchase this years offer

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My deal ends around 18th December, Had this deal for the last two two years. With Disney+ on the way you'd think they would want to retain customers....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same. There’s nothing in the terms & conditions to say this is for new customers only. All the terms say is “Offer not available to existing customers currently billed by a third party such as Vodafone or Apple” & as I’m not billed by a third party but directly by Now tv this doesn’t apply 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

that's exactly what I read too... I got an email to the account i am registered with offereing the £99 bundle deal but can't access it from my account either.. on here to find answers as i have no email addresses left to create a new account!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unfair you can add cards or vouchers when you have one month left if you buy them but not do the same with these deals

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As it seems I can not get this deal as I have done in the past , is it worth cancelling everything and buying a new now tv stick and starting again with a new account ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have managed to get this by them cancelling my current pass with immediate effect for me. Means I’ve lost 3 weeks but still a better deal. However am pretty cross as the only reason my passes expired later was because last year they added days on for me! 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

A new Stick may come laden with enough ‘free’ passes to blow this offer out of the water again.

Better to just open a new account, reset your existing Stick, and then just set it up with the new details.

You will need a false beard and glasses to get a new account, though, with any or all of a login through Chrome in Incognito mode, so they don’t detect their cookies from before, a different email address, a different payment card maybe; just basically anything that disguises the fact that you have been a loyal customer in the past, and makes you look like some blow-in ‘rate tart’ fresh from an affair with Netflix or Amazon, jumping ship to save a few quid, as this is apparently the sort of customer NowTV are after these days 🤡

N.B. ‘rate tart’ is the rather derogatory term that marketing people have for the sensible people who change accounts to get the best of the deals that the marketing people doing this 💩 are spending all their time devising. You wonder which they hate worse - their customers, their jobs, or themselves?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cancelling everything because of this.  The black Friday deal was available to existing customers last year. Now my 'exclusive member offers' were limited to a sports offer that wasn't even as good as the new member one (I don't even like sport).  Of course, Now TV's customer service being what it is (isn't), I can't get through to them.  And I agree, they make it very hard to get a second account (which is fine if they're guarding against endless free trials, but seriously?  If you're signing up with hard cash for a whole year?). I wish everybody that feels like this would cancel, and that everybody who gets appalling service would take it as far as the ombudsman. If I do get through to an advisor on chat, I never spend less than an hour and never get to the end without losing the will to live.