cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: Black Friday - £99 12 month deal - "something went wrong at our end"

I agree - I would prefer to pay upfront and know I had paid the entire year with no unexpected bills or debt.

This is only an offer to new customers at a hugely discounted rate - I have also worked out its cheaper to buy top up cards now than pay the rolling monthly renewal charges or use Tesco points for a discounted rates - it looks like they are using existing customers to cover the costs of offering the discounts to other customers.

I feel  best way is to cancel everything  before Black Friday or Xmas every year have a gap then return as a new customer or I might try Sky as offering big discounts at the moment and maybe return to Now next year.

like insurance companies - loyalty is NOT rewarded anymore so have to move around and check deals every renewal.

Scholar

You might be in luck - the £99 12 month deal says it is available until 04/12/2019 at 23:59, so if your deal expires on the 03/12 , you might be able to renew on the final day.

Highlighted
Mentor

Unfair you can add cards or vouchers when you have one month left if you buy them but not do the same with these deals

Highlighted
Advocate

Exactly the same with me.  I have  also bought this deal the last 2 years.  Just cancelled both subscriptions though as I won't be having them roll over now.  Very disappointed how they are treating loyal customers this year.  All I was offered was a sports deal and I don't watch sports. 

Highlighted
Mentor

Ditto I've purchased the same passes for the last two years and had no problems.

Now it seems that LOYAL customers can't have the same savings as New customers.

Unless I am suspecting that the existing passes that I have got would have to be cancelled 3 weeks before they expire to get the benefit of the Black Fri deal.

Rip off to cancel something, that NOW TV put out there for us to buy, then buy again.

Highlighted
Advocate

I have tried to do the same  and got the same message. I actually had an online chat with them the other day and they said they weren’t doing the 12 month pass for Black Friday this year, so I got a reduced 4 month deal. They clearly are doing the deal but just not for existing customers....

Highlighted
Advocate

As it seems I can not get this deal as I have done in the past , is it worth cancelling everything and buying a new now tv stick and starting again with a new account ?

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

I have managed to get this by them cancelling my current pass with immediate effect for me. Means I’ve lost 3 weeks but still a better deal. However am pretty cross as the only reason my passes expired later was because last year they added days on for me! 

Highlighted
Scholar

This deal only works if you got the email with the offer link. Doesn't work if someone has given you or you found it online.

0 Thanks
Highlighted

@WhyNot 

I'm afraid you are incorrect. The offer is open to anyone as it's available directly from the site. If you read back to my previous post on page 1 of this thread you'll see the real reason why some people are unable to avail of the offer.

For anyone who really needs this offer there is a possible solution which doesn't require purchasing another device. Signing up with a new email address (and possibly different payment details) usually circumnavigates these kinds of issues. That may be a route you could attempt.

0 Thanks