cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asdxxxx
Scholar

Black Friday - £99 12 month deal - "something went wrong at our end"

Clicking on the  £99 12 month deal for cinema/entertainment, getting an error "something went wrong at our end". Sky are clearly happy losing all their customers!!!

1.jpg

2.jpg

41 REPLIES 41
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had the same message this morning!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My current annual deal ends 3rd Dec and looking for a new annual deal.

Is there one available ?l 

nickmorc
Expert 2

Same message too.

asdxxxx
Scholar

I am on an active chat with nowtv, but they are REFUSING TO ASSIST saying this is for new customers only / those without passes.

Also refusing to remove any existing pass

nickmorc
Expert 2

Tried cancelling my passes again, still no joy. Offers not showing. When cancelling No Offers either.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Don't know if this applies to any of you getting the error BUT this is the full wording of the T&C's for the 12 month offer

12 months Sky Cinema and Entertainment for £99: Offer ends 04/12/2019 at 23:59. Passes auto-renew at standard prices after 12 months unless cancelled (currently: Sky Cinema at £11.99pm and Entertainment at £8.99pm). Available for new customers and existing customers without a Sky Cinema Movies or Entertainment Pass. Existing customer offers can be found in offers area of My Account. Offer not available to existing customers currently billed by a third party such as Vodafone or Apple. Not available in conjunction with any other NOW TV offer.

If you have a current Movies or Entertainment Pass running on your account (ie. you still have access to movies or entertainment content) then unfortunately you can't avail of the offer 😞

asdxxxx
Scholar

Utterly useless offer.

Existing customers getting treated like trash again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree - I would prefer to pay upfront and know I had paid the entire year with no unexpected bills or debt.

This is only an offer to new customers at a hugely discounted rate - I have also worked out its cheaper to buy top up cards now than pay the rolling monthly renewal charges or use Tesco points for a discounted rates - it looks like they are using existing customers to cover the costs of offering the discounts to other customers.

I feel  best way is to cancel everything  before Black Friday or Xmas every year have a gap then return as a new customer or I might try Sky as offering big discounts at the moment and maybe return to Now next year.

like insurance companies - loyalty is NOT rewarded anymore so have to move around and check deals every renewal.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought a 12mth pass last year (DEC 2018) and I thought I'd cancel it so I don't get charged again.  That was a big mistake, They stopped sky cinema immediately even though I've paid for 12mths.  Ive tried since 29 October to get it reinstated until the date I'd actually paid to but like most things when it comes to actual contact its impossible.  When I complained it took them 2 weeks to reply, even though I was told someone would respond within 72 hours.  When you work it out 72 hours is almost 10 working days, bit misleading but legally correct!

I didnt go so far as to cancel the whole package, broadband etc, which is what I think you were suggesting 🙂