cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Black Friday 2020 Prediction

Here is my prediction for NOW TV’s Black Friday offerings - NOTHING

Comcast’s interest in NOW TV was nothing more than their need to asset strip it for their Peacock product.

Offering discounts is in direct conflict with the need to make it unpalatable compared to Sky. Once all the vouchers have timed out it will be overpriced except only for those who wish to dip in and out.

61 REPLIES 61
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

Not sure if you noticed update from BT but BT this weekend are launching Dolby Atmos for a game so that means now BT are doing 4K HDR 50FPS with Dolby Atmos that is a huge huge advantage over NowTV or even full fat Sky.

NowTV have literally only just launched Red Button/Extra Stream and On Demand and pretty sure BT had that from launch. 

I love my Disney+ subscription can't wait watch Narnia Voyage of Dawn Treader tomorrow never seen that one.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Oh yes I had completely forgot about BT updating sport in 4K. That is a huge advantage to say the least. 
And yes I remember when it launched on big TV  it did indeed have the red button feature.

For me I’m very intrigued for Disney+ Star, hoping that it’s a similar content lineup as Hulu and having more 20th Century productions. 
My hope it’s an add on to Disney+ using the same profiles. 

The main thing I have noticed that the bigger improvements to Now TV as ironically been during the helm of Comcast. Although they still have a long way to go. 

One thing I do recall is from a survey I had from All4 and even they are considering profiles. 

That being said the lack of 4K content, even at an additional cost for Now TV is disappointing. Although not surprising at all. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

I was always surprised Comcast brought Sky instead of Virgin Media as that would of linked up far better with there US businesses and since they brought SKY Q over Fibre has completely died.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Personally I would have rather “FOX” win the auction for Sky over Comcast, at least then fundamental changes would have happened under Disney ownership. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

It was obvious to anyone that Disney didn't even try in the auction for Sky it may of made Disney+ easier to launch in UK but all the legacy Fox and Disney Contracts have either expired now or are due to expire soon so they have saved money.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 thank you for pointing out where they are 👍

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

£66 for 6 months of entertainment and movies is half price! What more do people want?

Free!   To be fair to Now TV there are frequently offers, so why wouldn’t they have some this week.  

my prediction

Half Price movies for 6 months

Half Price entertainment for 6 months

Sports for £25/month for 6 months

Boost for £10 for 6 months

Kids half price for 6 months

Hayu - who cares? 😂

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Nothing on the site, but my prediction wasn’t too far off...

Half Price movies for 6 months. (Yes -Via offers)

Half Price entertainment for 6 months (yes- via offer)

Sports for £25/month for 6 months (yes - via email and just £20/month)

Boost for £10 for 6 months. (No)

Kids half price for 6 months (no)

Hayu - who cares? 😂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not exactly a prediction when you were already aware of the first few offers on your list being made available to certain customers.

And that’s the point really, these offers are only available to some customers. There does not appear to be a criteria, or an actual process, it’s basically pot luck.

So if you don’t get lucky, you’re expected to pay full whack & it simply isn’t value for money with the other streaming providers out there.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have left and will be getting them to close my account as I never want anything to do with Sky or NowTV ever again, crap service from a crap money grabbing company.