cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Enapace
Expert 2

Re: Black Friday 2020 Prediction

@gavs82008 

It was obvious to anyone that Disney didn't even try in the auction for Sky it may of made Disney+ easier to launch in UK but all the legacy Fox and Disney Contracts have either expired now or are due to expire soon so they have saved money.

Gilli1
Mentor

Not when you have Netflix and Prime plus a Virgin bundle. 
Now Tv has always been for me Entertainment and Movies for the whole year for under £100. Otherwise I just won’t bother. I can catch most of it on Virgin that I watch. I just follow a few shows on Now Tv and I like that they are advert free. But so much of its so called amazing offer is unsuitable, and more and more of the box sets carry warnings for strong language and violent content. So given the shrinking amount of suitable stuff I’m not paying more. I realise not everybody feels like that of course. 

K10
Mentor

Well it BF and there are NO offers specifically for passes. Very odd, but I consider Gizmo to have rightly predicated the situation.

like many others here, I won’t be able to fork out £22 a month and Prime, Netflix Disney+ all await!

hairymatt
Mentor

I agree entirely! @Gilli1 

SweetBlitz
Expert 2

Nothing on the site, but my prediction wasn’t too far off...

Half Price movies for 6 months. (Yes -Via offers)

Half Price entertainment for 6 months (yes- via offer)

Sports for £25/month for 6 months (yes - via email and just £20/month)

Boost for £10 for 6 months. (No)

Kids half price for 6 months (no)

Hayu - who cares? 😂

K10
Mentor

Not exactly a prediction when you were already aware of the first few offers on your list being made available to certain customers.

And that’s the point really, these offers are only available to some customers. There does not appear to be a criteria, or an actual process, it’s basically pot luck.

So if you don’t get lucky, you’re expected to pay full whack & it simply isn’t value for money with the other streaming providers out there.

0 Thanks
Shane3
Scholar

I have left and will be getting them to close my account as I never want anything to do with Sky or NowTV ever again, crap service from a crap money grabbing company.
Mözil
Mentor

How disappointing not a single TV or movies deal this year & continuing to insult us with that 1080p boost package. No private offers at all that's me off to Netflix then.

Shane3
Scholar

I’ve already signed up to Netflix, sky/NowTV can get stuffed.
hairymatt
Mentor

They need to be careful if this is some kind of ploy (not saying it is) to bring in a later offer, on Cyber Monday for example, as many people will have already left and signed up for other services.

Most companies seem to be being nice this year, knowing the hardship people have had with the COVID situation (not being able to work, losing jobs etc). I expected Now/Sky would do the same - but alas it doesn't seem to be the case.

I am also in the boat of having been with Now pretty much since it started and have nothing on the offers page like others. I get the odd sports offer which I would have thought by now they would realise don't appeal to me.

But, maybe time to try something new... Mandolorian for £60 for the year... I might just consider that now.