cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Black Friday 2020 Prediction

Here is my prediction for NOW TV’s Black Friday offerings - NOTHING

Comcast’s interest in NOW TV was nothing more than their need to asset strip it for their Peacock product.

Offering discounts is in direct conflict with the need to make it unpalatable compared to Sky. Once all the vouchers have timed out it will be overpriced except only for those who wish to dip in and out.

61 REPLIES 61
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not when you have Netflix and Prime plus a Virgin bundle. 
Now Tv has always been for me Entertainment and Movies for the whole year for under £100. Otherwise I just won’t bother. I can catch most of it on Virgin that I watch. I just follow a few shows on Now Tv and I like that they are advert free. But so much of its so called amazing offer is unsuitable, and more and more of the box sets carry warnings for strong language and violent content. So given the shrinking amount of suitable stuff I’m not paying more. I realise not everybody feels like that of course. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well it BF and there are NO offers specifically for passes. Very odd, but I consider Gizmo to have rightly predicated the situation.

like many others here, I won’t be able to fork out £22 a month and Prime, Netflix Disney+ all await!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree entirely! @Anonymous User 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm on the black Friday 2019 deal. Both entertainment & movies for £99. There's no way I'm paying £22 a month for both. Is it worth messaging customer team for offers? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I doubt it... I agree, way overpriced. I left sky 4 years ago due to their extortionate prices... won’t renew with NowTV either unless there is a reasonable offer.
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Both entertainment & movies for £99. There's no way I'm paying £22 a month for both. Is it worth messaging customer team for offers? 

Yes, they gave me 4 months of entertainment for £3.49/month recently.

You could cancel the pass and see if you get a retention offer.  Also after passes expire check offers link https://account.nowtv.com/passes/my-offers.  And check your email.

Of course, an offer may appear on Friday.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Okay if I will try that. Right now I have no offers or promotions when my passes run out in 4 days. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How disappointing not a single TV or movies deal this year & continuing to insult us with that 1080p boost package. No private offers at all that's me off to Netflix then.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I’ve already signed up to Netflix, sky/NowTV can get stuffed.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

They need to be careful if this is some kind of ploy (not saying it is) to bring in a later offer, on Cyber Monday for example, as many people will have already left and signed up for other services.

Most companies seem to be being nice this year, knowing the hardship people have had with the COVID situation (not being able to work, losing jobs etc). I expected Now/Sky would do the same - but alas it doesn't seem to be the case.

I am also in the boat of having been with Now pretty much since it started and have nothing on the offers page like others. I get the odd sports offer which I would have thought by now they would realise don't appeal to me.

But, maybe time to try something new... Mandolorian for £60 for the year... I might just consider that now.