cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Black Friday 2020 Prediction

Here is my prediction for NOW TV’s Black Friday offerings - NOTHING

Comcast’s interest in NOW TV was nothing more than their need to asset strip it for their Peacock product.

Offering discounts is in direct conflict with the need to make it unpalatable compared to Sky. Once all the vouchers have timed out it will be overpriced except only for those who wish to dip in and out.

61 REPLIES 61
Anonymous User
Not applicable

You ask what more do people want?

It was 12mths for £99, how about 12mths for £109...

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User as I've already pointed out in the thread, you offer you've received is unique to you and shouldn't be confused with previous Black Friday offers.

On Facebook and Twitter people are asking about the £99 offer and CS agents are simply telling people to check the website on Friday for any offers. So, that offer may be repeated.

Secondly, the offer you've personally received has been sent with you having to do nothing! This is what I see (and have done for 5 years)

Screenshot_20201124-131158.jpg

If I want to save money, I have the hassle of having to constantly monitor my passes and I have to go on live chat and ask for discounts. Sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't. I never get retention deals, never get email offers and never get members offers.

You have done nothing and been offered half price! If that's not good enough for you, take a screen shot, message it to me and I'll have it because it will save me a lot of hassle over the next 6 months!

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

I never get retention deals, never get email offers and never get members offers.

@Saint1976 Have you cancelled passes? Have you unticked the marketing box?  

I get a couple of email offers most months.  Still on the free cinema pass (email) and boost £6 for 3 months (account offer) along with the £3.49/month entertainment (chat).  Never paid full price.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@SweetBlitz yes I cancel passes and I'm subscribed to emails. I've been over this several times.

I'm not discussing what I pay but I do fine out of contacting live chat and asking. I just believe that I shouldn't have to do that when others are given offers willy nilly by email or through the members offers.

GrumpyDonkey
Scholar 2

In 6 years I have recieved 1 offer by email. That was for 3 months Sky sports for £25 a month. Rather ironic as I had already signed up to the 9 months for £20 a month deal a month before.

Never had a retention offer either.

They maybe more on demand content, sadly 95% of it is reality crap that isn't worth the HD space it takes up on a server. Content next year for both entertainment and movies is going to be damn limited. will have to go from A New Premiere Everyday" to "A New Premiere Every Month".

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Content next year for both entertainment and movies is going to be damn limited. will have to go from A New Premiere Everyday" to "A New Premiere Every Month".

I suspect that there will be a lack of new content, but also with a fair amount of content having migrated to Disney+ I guess Sky will need to get more creative.

Personally I would be happy if there were more classic movies and the HBO series had longer runs, but suspect I am in the minority.  And probably one of the few not too unhappy with the loss of Marvel, Start Wars and the animated Disney/Pixar movies.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cancelled both movies and entertainment as no offers and no vouchers in supermarkets etc. Was looking for a BF deal but if there isn't any will just stick with Netflix and Amazon as better value.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hear hear, I will do the same
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Any offers will be based on your account under “my passes”

When signed on you can go directly to this link.

https://account.nowtv.com/passes/my-offers

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yep, and there’s big all.