cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BLACK FRIDAY DEALS WHAT A JOKE FOR EXISTING CUSTOMERS

YOU CANT GET BLACK FRIDAY DEALS IF YOU ARE A EXISTING CUSTOMERS WHAT A JOKE  YOU PAY ALL YEAR ONLY FOR DEALS TO BE FOR NEW CUSTOMERS TALK ABOUT RIPPING EXISTING CUSTOMERS OFF THINK WILL CANCEL NOW TV THEN CANT STICK IT OFFERS SHOULD BE FOR ALL CUSTOMERS

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Completely agree its so frustrating to see black Friday deals splashed all over the home page only to find no offers for existing customers I decided netflix was my best option to keep the kids happy 

starman73
Elite

...no offers for existing customers I decided netflix was my best option to keep the kids happy.

The irony is Netflix never offer deals beyond the 30 day trial. Unless you don’t use it for a year and then get another trial.

Cancel the passes and pay £6.40/month for Cinema and Entertainment. Cheaper than Netflix. Even with £4 on top for Kids Pass, less than Premium Netflix.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agree. NOW TV are not winning themselves loyal customers by doing this.  Most will simply cancel I suspect.  It is a very simple thing to fix,  just let everyone have the same deals.

NOW TV, please take note.

starman73
Elite

Cancel your passes. When you do you invariably get an offer you can’t refuse like £1.60/month entertainment or £4.80/month Cinema and similar with sports. All better than Black Friday offers.

Go through all the old emails now tv sent to you via email and even if they have "expired” quite often they work.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK long story but I've managed to get the 1 yr £99 deal Black Friday deal (Entertainment and Cinema) as an existing customer.

Not easy and some (small) compromises involved.  Not pulling any favours or strings to do this so it is within the NOW TV policies.

My current deals (Ent and Cin) were due to expire on 18/12/2019 (that was last year's 1 yr Black Friday deal). So just under 3 weeks from today (30/11/2019) and outside of this year's Black Friday deal period, damn!

So no Black Friday deals were showing on my account as Passes for Ent and Cin were still active.

After about 2 hours of Chat sessions we finally got it sorted.  Added complications included having existing Vouchers (which I didn't want to lose) and wanting to use Tesco Clubcard vouchers (3 x value of £33) to fund the £99 1 year Ent & Cin Black Friday deal.

In short, the only way to do it is to get the NOW folks (via Chat) to do an "Instant Cancellation" of the Ent and Cin Passes (any existing vouchers seem to be unaffected).  You can't do an "Instant Cancellation" yourself,-you can only do one that stops the impending renewal, which leaves the current Pass as Active (so no Black Friday deals will show).  The NOW TV folks can only do the Instant Cancellations it seems.  Once they had Instant Cancelled the Ent and Cin Passes then the Black Friday deals appeared on my Account, including the 12 month £99 deal.

I had to sort out my Tesco Clubcard vouchers (£33) to get £99 of credit on my NOW Account but that only took 5 mins.  Main problem was that I lost my NOW TV Chat session then and had to describe what I wanted to a new Chat advisor!!  So I would advise using 2 PCs / laptops, one to keep the Chat session going, another to do the business on browsers.  Or you 2 completely separate browsers on one device I guess.

Once the £99 Tesco Clubcard credit was on my NOW Account (only took a couple of mins as they are very quick in issuing the Clubcard vouchers via email) I just selected and accepted the 1 year Black Friday £99 deal and it all seemed to go through OK.  New Passes are now showing on My Account (for Ent and Cin) which expire at end Nov 2020, so just in time for next Black Friday deals, and hopefully avoid all this hassle.

My existing 1 month Kids Pass was unaffected by all of the above.  Keeping it didn't stop the Black Friday deals appearing for Ent & Cin.

So the only compromise was "losing" the interim period of the existing Ent and Cin Passes (30 Nov to 18 Dec in my case, so under 3 weeks) in order to get the full 1 year deal out to Nov 2020.  And I wanted to use the Clubcard vouchers (only £33) to get that deal.  So really it has cost me nothing (bar the Clubcard vouchers) for the full 12 months of Ent and Cin.  If you want to be picky it has cost £33 (Tesco Clubcard) for 12 months of Ent and Cin, so £2.75 per month.  I challenge anyone to beat that!!-

I've heard of issues with Tesco Clubcard credits if you have a combo package with NOW TV (TV, broadband) but I only have TV so worked fine.

Hope this helps others.

A lot of hassle but worth it in the end.

Pity NOW TV make it soooo difficult!!