cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Argos sky sports pass

I bought 2x one month sky sports passes from Argos yesterday. I unsuccessfully tried to activate one of them yesterday and today, so contacted the help chat box thing. they say argos need to activate the pass for me. argos say they can do no such thing and it's up to Now TV to activate the pass. What next? Here's a lightly edited transcript of the chat I had:

• i bought a 1 month sky sports pass from argos yesterday and it doesn't work. i am certain i have typed the code correctly. I've tried activatign it on a PC, on my LG smart TV and on the app on my phone. no joy on any of them
  • Hi
  • what's the problem?

8:52 AM

• It is very strange that the voucher code didn't work.
  • Let me check and get this sorted for you.
  • thanks
  • What is your full name and email address?
  • xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Thank you for the details xxxxxxxxx.

8:53 AM

• What is the voucher code?
  • xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Thanks for the voucher code.
  • I'll ask you a few quick questions in order to help you further.

8:54 AM

• Are you the account holder?
  • YES
  • Can you confirm the complete address along with the post code and the last 4 digits of your payment card registered on the NOW TV account please?

8:55 AM

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • I see that the voucher code xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is in pending activation status.

8:58 AM

• Which means Argos should activate the voucher code from their end.
  • Hence I request you to contact Argos, so that they can activate the voucher code.
  • WHAT????
  • I suggest you to take the proof of purchase of the voucher code(receipt) and then you can tell them to activate the voucher code.

8:59 AM

• take it where?
  • will they be able to do it in the shop?
  • why do they need to activate the code?
  • why wasn't it activated when they sold it to me?
  • this is ridiculous
  • Since you have purchased the voucher code from Argos, you have to take the voucher code to Argos.
  • I am really sorry if you felt so.

9:00 AM

• bullsh*t
  • it's a Now TV voucher. you're now tv. you should be able to ctivate it.
  • so you didn't answert my question
  • will the argos shop be able to activate it
  • is this normal?
  • is this what everyone who buys a voucher from argos has to do?

9:01 AM

• I request you to contact Argos, they will able to help you further with this issue.
  • will the people in the argos shop even know what I'm talking about if I go and ask them?
  • can you give me some contact details for the relevant dept at argos?
  • It is not that who ever buys voucher code from Argos will face this problem, some customers will only face this problem.

9:02 AM

• You can directly go to Argos along with the proof of purchase of the voucher code (receipt) and you can tell them your issue.

9:03 AM

• this is nonsense

9:06 AM

• I think i'd be better going to an illicit streaming site

9:06 AM

• I'm really sorry to see you facing this experience with us.

9:07 AM

• Do you have the proof of purchase of the voucher code along with you at the moment?

9:08 AM

• yes
  • i've got the email receipt
  • I request you to send the proof of purchase of the voucher code.
  • to you?

9:09 AM

• Argos say this by the way: "okay i have never heard of this as we have never activated those codes, what is the catalogue number robert."
  • Yes, I have sent a test email to your G-mail account. Please attach the receipt of the voucher code to the mail.

9:13 AM

• I've forwarded the email receipt to you
  • Let me check this for you.
  • 9:15 AM
  • Looks like it's your problem. just got this from Argos customer servcice: "okay thank you, im sorry but we do not have the ability to access these codes, we also do not have a contact number for this. We sell the product it does not mean we activate it as that is down to nowTV"
  • I am checking this for you.
  • more from argos: "i did try to find a contact number in regards to activating the item but i can not? this again leads me to believe that we can not activate the codes? "

9:17 AM

• Please allow me a moment.
  • Please click the pic of the voucher code and send to me.
  • do you mean a pic of the code on the green card I got from argos?

9:19 AM

• Yes, I need to see the voucher code where it is mentioned: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • ok, i've sent that

9:20 AM

• i also bought another voucher yesterday
  • will you need to activate that one too?
  • hello
  • are you still there?
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

You need to speak to someone else at Argos.  They have given you wrong information.

ALL gift vouchers need to be activated (validated) by the retailer at the time of purchase.  Otherwise they will not work.  There have been a number of complaints about Argos failing to do this, especially if they are bought online.

This does not apply to the large card passes that are bundled with Now TV boxes.  It only relates to the small Gift Vouchers which are sold separately. (An example of a Gift Voucher is illustrated below.)

Wlat

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Like @Anonymous User mentions, I would consider getting in touch with Argos again as it does sound like they have not properly 'activated'  the voucher....... all vouchers are worthless until activated through a till-point or they would go flying off the shelves with the good old five-finger discount.

I once bought a voucher in an Argos store and took it to the till and the person said 'oh, I need to take this to other till to activate it properly' ?????  Every chance I could have bought it and it wouldn't have worked because the storeworker didn't know the process.  If you bought voucher in store maybe this has happened..... not sure about buying online, but online sellers will still have to activate the voucher and seems like this was not done.

I've tended to avoid buying my vouchers from Argos just in case I came across an activation issue..... as the visit I described above put doubt in my mind.

Hope you get your issue sorted soon.