cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stammie1609
Expert

Applied a 2 month movie voucher but its not showing on my account

Yesterday I applied a 2 month movie voucher to my account, I entered my pin and was told it has been applied but my account is showing I will be charged £11:99 when my previous voucher runs out on 26th November.

I spoke to Now TV chat who assured me I wouldn't be charged and the voucher has applied correctly, but today 24 hours later my account is still showing that I will be charged.

Please can a staff member confirm that my voucher has been applied and that I am not going to be charged on that date.

Also could they amend the passes and vouchers section of my account to show the correct information?

15 REPLIES 15
stammie1609
Expert

Bump

Any staff going to help with this?

RoyB
Legend

@stammie1609 

Staff don’t generally reply on here; they are Gru to us minions who scurry about trying to be of service.

In this case, you need to get back into Live Chat, and point out the disconnect between what they promised and what actually happened.

Since, unlike Boris’ promise to get us out of the EU, nobody has passed a law stopping the Live Chat team from keeping theirs.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Trying to apply a two month voucher but nothing happens...thinks about it but nothing applies 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When going to the nowtv website, maybe try a different internet browser with it's ad blocking software disabled.

Also go to your My Account > Passes & Vouchers section in the website to see if the voucher has been added even if you didn't get the on screen green thumbs up confirmation message that a voucher has been successfully applied to your account.

Certain playback devices such has the NowTV boxes & sticks for example under the My Account section of the NowTV App allows you to apply a voucher code (if you are within the less than 30 day rule) instead of going to the NowTV website.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m having the same problem with a entertainment pass I bought the other day and I have put it on and I can’t watch anything. All I get is oops something went wrong on live tv and box sets. It’s annoying as I was on live chat for nearly 3 hrs yesterday trying to get it sorted

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I am having the same problem. Purchased a new Entertainment Pass and its valid until 8 Jan 2020 but I am unable to watch any Entertainment shows, just says oops something went wrong. Tried to talk live chat all day yesterday and today and just keep getting disconnected and have to start live chat all over again. They promised they would send me an email but nothing. Can anyone help? Thank you! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sounds like you are encountering a different issue to me, where all my passes still play.

Out of curiosity what playback devices are you using with your entertainment pass that brings up the Oops Something Gone Wrong Message ?

Does it happen on all devices and all NowTV entertainment content both live and on demand ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am unable to watch my Entertainment Pass on Now TV box, Roku box, and  my Now TV app as well. It is very odd because it was working two days ago. I have tried everything including factory reset, and software update. On my Now TV box and Roku box I get oops something went wrong, unable to complete purchase on this device. I have a valid pass until 8Jan 2020. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you haven't any other NowTV passes that work and have tried logging out of the NowTV App, then power down your device, then sign back into the NowTV App again.

Then if it was me i would try switching the power off to your Router for about 30 minutes to enable your Router to automatically acquire a new IP address.

Also if you are using a VPN, then try to disable it to see if that clears the message.