cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Annual movie and entertainment pass

ok during black friday websites were offering £99.00 for the annual M&E pass. could find it under my passes.

now a similar offer but for £114 is on the web page but when i log in all i am offered is  sports passes.

Can someone answer why these are not available to exisiting u

3 REPLIES 3
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

The exact text is ‘Available for new and existing NOW TV customers without an active Sky Cinema or Entertainment Pass on their account’

So returnees can get the deal, as well as new customers, and the thing that has held you back here is that as a loyal NowTV customer, you have stupidly bought an existing passes or passes, possibly at full price, and this is not behaviour that NowTV reward 🤑

However, if you get on to Live Chat, and ask for an Instant Cancellation of your existing pass or passes, they will wipe them off for you, leaving you free to take the deal. (Note that the end-of-pass cancellations you can do for yourself won’t be effective for this).

So now you have to do the complex calculation  of working out how late you dare leave the visit to Live Chat, given that ‘12 months Sky Cinema and Entertainment for £114.99: Offer ends 31/12/2019 at 23:59’, and whether the deal, given that you will have to sacrifice the rump of your existing pass(es), is better than breakeven, given that you could buy NowTV cheaper with vouchers from Curry’s, etc., (£150 instead of £215), and that you are locking yourself in for a year, and that if you Cancel your existing Pass(es) in the normal way, you will get retention offers for up to three months at an even lower price, maybe get you down towards £120 (you can see what you would be offered by starting Cancels until you get the retention offers, and then bailing out of the Cancel process). Where, if you are sacrificing £10-£15 with Instant Cancels, you may be back under breakeven again.

Why NowTV have to put us through this, though, is beyond me 😤

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good explanation. I'm in same boat. Finding the whole thing very frustrating. We can't get sky due to trees so stuck with this. 

I can't find live chat!! 

Keep getting this stupid chat bot. Can someone help! Thanks

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Get in Touch (all the options, and the best place to start):-

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/

On a screen with big buttons all around, you may find the link you need is under a tiny green arrow, so be vigilant.

Live Chat and Send Us a Message:-

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

On Live Chat, when you can get onto it, keep your answers short, sweet and prompt, or it will time out on you.

If the person you are talking to doesn’t seem able to understand your issue, ask to be escalated to the next level of help.

<If you can’t access Live Chat and nothing happens, try a different browser from your usual one (Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari) on which you haven’t disabled pop ups, third party cookies or indeed any cookies, haven’t set an Ad Blocker, and haven’t set Noscript on, or JavaScript off, as any or all of these things may prevent the Live Chat window appearing. Or try your usual browser in Incognito, sometimes called Private, mode.>

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.