cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Adding another stick

Hi

I’ve bought another stick for our second room, this stick comes with a promo offer. Will the offer be applied to the existing account?

We’re still on the first promo offer of our first stick.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @gavs82008 

Make sure you set up the second stick with the same account details as the first stick, and then the new Pass will indeed apply to both Sticks.

If the promo is for a different sort of Pass from the first Stick, it should become available on both Sticks immediately.

However, if it is for the same sort of Pass, and this has less than a month to run, the new Pass  will be set to carry on automatically from when the existing Pass expires.

But if it is for the same sort of Pass, and this has more than a month to run, the new Pass  will go and live in a holding area above your existing Pass(es) in your My Account details, and it is then up to you to activate it when you want it.

Which is any time in the last month of the existing Pass, if you want it to run on from it.

Or alternatively, you can leave it until you do want it. Which would imply Cancelling the existing Pass in that last month, lest you be charged for an ongoing renewal.

It’s not usually a good idea to cancel a multi-month promo Pass in any but the last month though. Some of them then just stop short at the next month end; and you don’t know if this applies to yours or not. (Though you can at least hastily switch it straight back on if this happens).

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 
Not sure how they vouchers/promos work from purchasing Now TV sticks, as a guess I would say they will kick in when your existing offer expires. 

Although for a peace of mind you can always confirm with live chat

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Select “chat with an advisor”

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @gavs82008 

Make sure you set up the second stick with the same account details as the first stick, and then the new Pass will indeed apply to both Sticks.

If the promo is for a different sort of Pass from the first Stick, it should become available on both Sticks immediately.

However, if it is for the same sort of Pass, and this has less than a month to run, the new Pass  will be set to carry on automatically from when the existing Pass expires.

But if it is for the same sort of Pass, and this has more than a month to run, the new Pass  will go and live in a holding area above your existing Pass(es) in your My Account details, and it is then up to you to activate it when you want it.

Which is any time in the last month of the existing Pass, if you want it to run on from it.

Or alternatively, you can leave it until you do want it. Which would imply Cancelling the existing Pass in that last month, lest you be charged for an ongoing renewal.

It’s not usually a good idea to cancel a multi-month promo Pass in any but the last month though. Some of them then just stop short at the next month end; and you don’t know if this applies to yours or not. (Though you can at least hastily switch it straight back on if this happens).

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.