cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Adding a new stick to my existing account

I have an existing Account and view my tv passes (entertainment, cinema & kids) via a Stick.... these passes roll on each month and are paid for by Direct Debit

I’ve just bought another stick for the 2nd tv in the house... this stick has entertainment & cinema passes on it at time of purchase ... I was under the impression I could set this 2nd stick up onto my existing account and view all my existing passes from my account on this second stick... the problem I’m having is that when following the the set up instructions on my 2nd tv from this 2nd stick I’m entering the code displayed on my tv into my phone (after going to the www.nowtv.com/TV) and it’s only giving me the option to redeem the vouchers on this 2nd stick and wanting my payment pin in order to do so stating that at the end of the months free duration for these passes monies will be taken from my account for cinema & entertainment passes and these too will then roll on each month ... however I’m already paying for these on my original stick ... how do I get this second stick up & running and just use it as an additional device (I’m not at my limit for devices) on my existing account / passes ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Firstly i would logout of the NowTV website fully, then click on this link below (UK customers) and enter the code from your television set when using the new second Stick with the internet browser device you logged out of the NowTV website.

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/tv 

Whilst going through the process it should then ask you for your existing account email address / username (not forum name) and account password because you are logged out of your account.

Then If you are on an offer that has less than 30 days remaining on your existing account the voucher (if the same type of pass already on your account) will automatically kick in on your next due payment date and if you are paying a monthly full price subscription fee this will be suspended  during the time whilst the voucher is running on your account.

Should you be on an existing offer over 30 days, then the voucher off the stick will be saved on your account for you to redeem at a later date (recommend to redeem the saved voucher within 12 months to be on the safe side).

If you have added a Payment Pin to your account the NowTV software system seems to always now ask for your Payment Pin when adding a voucher or voucher code to your account (never used too, but every voucher i have applied to my account over the last 6 to 12 months it always asks me for my Payment Pin before it allows the voucher to be added on the system).

If you wish you can have up to six NowTV Sticks on the same existing account , where your maximum device allocation for any NowTV supported devices across all platforms is up to six.

Any problems get in touch with NowTV live chat.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Firstly i would logout of the NowTV website fully, then click on this link below (UK customers) and enter the code from your television set when using the new second Stick with the internet browser device you logged out of the NowTV website.

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/tv 

Whilst going through the process it should then ask you for your existing account email address / username (not forum name) and account password because you are logged out of your account.

Then If you are on an offer that has less than 30 days remaining on your existing account the voucher (if the same type of pass already on your account) will automatically kick in on your next due payment date and if you are paying a monthly full price subscription fee this will be suspended  during the time whilst the voucher is running on your account.

Should you be on an existing offer over 30 days, then the voucher off the stick will be saved on your account for you to redeem at a later date (recommend to redeem the saved voucher within 12 months to be on the safe side).

If you have added a Payment Pin to your account the NowTV software system seems to always now ask for your Payment Pin when adding a voucher or voucher code to your account (never used too, but every voucher i have applied to my account over the last 6 to 12 months it always asks me for my Payment Pin before it allows the voucher to be added on the system).

If you wish you can have up to six NowTV Sticks on the same existing account , where your maximum device allocation for any NowTV supported devices across all platforms is up to six.

Any problems get in touch with NowTV live chat.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mate that’s Brilliant followed your instructions and my frustrations have now been resolved amazing I can’t tell you how crazy I was going over this ... thanks for taking the time to reply and assist - good man 👍

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have an account but only use the stick for the apps im wanting to add a new device to my account but its asking me to buy a pass. Any suggestions 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If you don’t have an active pass, you can get a trial pass and cancel it straight away. 

From my understanding you don’t need an active pass to purchase a Now Tv stick and use it for BBC iPlayer etc.

One of the regular users might be able to confirm. @schnapps 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @gavs82008 

I have noticed recently on the forum, that when people factory reset their existing NowTV Box /Stick where you don't subscribe to NowTV passes anymore or add a new NowTV Stick with no bundled passes on the Stick.

The NowTV system seems to ask you to buy a pass or start a 7 day trial which i am sure wasn't the case previously and all you needed was an up to date bank card on the NowTV data base against your account if you previously had a 7 day trial or a pass any time in the past when you created the NowTV account.

Might be wrong, because every NowTV device i have factory reset or added in the past i always had an active NowTV pass and bank card.

So @Anonymous User if there is no option on setting up the Stick which doesn't have a voucher pass bundled on it, with no option not to buy a pass or start a 7 day free trial, then unless anybody has come across this recently and knows of a workaround, then live chat might be your only way to see how you can overcome it.

Maybe NowTV have changed tack when it comes to factory resetting their branded devices or Sticks with no passes on them and you no longer subscribe to their passes and forces you to start a free 7 day trial or buy a pass ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Absolutely spot on advice, thank you. I came here before I even tried to set up my second stick and it worked perfectly.