cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Activating the NOW TV Boost

So I’m keen to add the new Boost pass to my account. For a long period of time now I’ve had he Entertainment and Sports passes, on a monthly renewal basis.

However - nowhere in my account, or any of my apps, can I find anywhere to actually purchase it.

The button to buy at https://www.nowtv.com/boost takes me through to the buying passes section but while all of the other available passes are there, the Boost isn’t. I’ve tried cancelling my existing passes but all I’m getting still is just the list of passes to purchase. No Boost.

There’s nothing either in the iPhone app, neither on the iPad app, and via a web browser I’m just getting what I’ve said above. I use NOW TV on the most recent Roku Streaming Stick.

Anyone have any further ideas?

30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @Anonymous User , very interesting to see how they’ve got the launch of this somewhat wrong for a good portion of customers. A shame too that they can’t give a timescale.

I’ve seen that same Sky Black Friday offer and am seriously tempted to move over. I think it’s available until December 2 so if this Boost issue isn’t sorted by then I’ll make the switch.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m having the same issue. I would like to purchase the boost add-on but cannot find the option to do so in my passes anywhere.

Tried the online chat but got nowhere before it timed out and closed the chat (before the option for online chat disappeared altogether).

I suspect it is to do with my cinema pass which is tied to a bundle offer with sky that I took out a number of years ago now. 

Not sure how I’m supposed to resolve this

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had a live chat regarding the missing Boost pass option today, excerpt below:

• can see your billing platform is different at the moment hence you are unable to purchase the Boost pass.
  • However we are working and soon all the customers will be able to active the Boost Pass.
  • Possibly within next 2 months.

Not exactly great news, but it's something i guess. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User , thanks for posting that. Disappointingly vague answer by the staff there, and a shame that this hasn’t been thought through to include long-term regular customers. That might well make the decision to switch to full Sky an easy one. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah, I appreciate these things can happen but the 2 month bit was longer than i expected for it to be resolved. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had a email today from Now Tv in response to my query. 

our Boost service was launched accidentally during our testing phase this is not yet ready for use by any customers as of yest . I apologise please keep a look out on our website when this service officially launches.’

So apparently no one can use it even if you have the option to select it! Still seems to be on the website though? 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

NowTV accidentally launched the Boost prematurely, pulled it, and that was the form email they sent to anyone who queried it.

But it has now been launched officially, though it doesn’t seem that anyone

thought to inform the Live Chat jockeys of this. 

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has the combo legacy accounts issue been solved yet ? I'd like to get the boost option too but it's not showing 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Doesn’t look like it has been sorted yet. There’s still no Boost option available for me. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still no option to apply a Boost pass here. Not a word from anyone from NowTV here on the forums either. Disappointing.