cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Activating the NOW TV Boost

So I’m keen to add the new Boost pass to my account. For a long period of time now I’ve had he Entertainment and Sports passes, on a monthly renewal basis.

However - nowhere in my account, or any of my apps, can I find anywhere to actually purchase it.

The button to buy at https://www.nowtv.com/boost takes me through to the buying passes section but while all of the other available passes are there, the Boost isn’t. I’ve tried cancelling my existing passes but all I’m getting still is just the list of passes to purchase. No Boost.

There’s nothing either in the iPhone app, neither on the iPad app, and via a web browser I’m just getting what I’ve said above. I use NOW TV on the most recent Roku Streaming Stick.

Anyone have any further ideas?

30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same issue. Tried cancelling all passes, tried different browsers on phone and laptop but no option to add Boost no matter what i try. 

Did a live chat convo last night which didn't get me anywhere. Might try ringing on Monday. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

That's strange where i was under the impression that all NowTV UK customers was eligible, unless you are in this bracket below taken from the Boost Pass help article FAQ :-

Keep in mindYou won’t be able to get NOW TV Boost if you’ve only got a Sky Sports Mobile Month Pass, or if you only have Passes you pay for via a third party such as iTunes or Vodafone.

I had no trouble this morning starting a free 7 day Boost Trial either via my account on the NowTV website under Passes & Vouchers section or alternatively going into my NowTV or Roku Player when opening the NowTV App then navigating to the My Account section where there was an option to start a 7 day Boost trial from there as well.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the response. I've got both Entertainment and Movie Passes on my account and the Now TV box with subtle Blue logo on top and have not received option to sign up for Boost 7 day trial or pay the monthly fee. Only thing that might be causing the problem is the discounted offer i was given for renewing my contract?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Was that a NowTV Broadband & TV legacy Combo Package ?

Even if you are a Combo customer i couldn't see any where on the Boost Help article FAQ that Combo customers are not eligible from obtaining a Boost Pass.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No, they applied a 6 month Cinema free offer when I renewed. It probably isn't that that is causing the problem, just don't know what is! Would like to watch the rest of Watchmen all boosted up. That programme is getting good!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps and @Anonymous User 

I took the Combo package when it launched back in 2016 (I think) and have been on it or whatever the new variation is ever since. Never had need to change as the service has always been faultless. 

There’s currently a discount on my broadband which expires in mid-January but nothing at all on my TV. 

I did ring up yesterday and spoke to someone, although that was primarily the broadband team. She was very helpful and spoke to the sales team for guidance. She cancelled my TV passes and said that if I went back in to buy them, I’d have the Boost option available. 

Unfortunately that didn’t turn out to be the case. I just had the same options as before. I restarted the Entertainment pass but still there’s nothing for the Boost. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @schnapps 

Possibly not much comfort to you, but I was able to set up my Boost by going into My Account/Passes & vouchers on my iPad, where it appeared at the top, even though the Boost isn’t (yet?) supported on the iPad, and I can only use it on other devices and apps I have.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Exactly the same problem for. Looked everywhere but there’s nowhere to select Boost. I’ve tried on the Now TV box, I’ve tried logging in via the internet but there’s no mention of it. 

Very frustrating. I’ll try contacting Now TV for some advice.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Right - so I've just been through Live Chat. It wasn't off to a great start when I got the response 'What's Boost?'!!

Apparently there's an issue if you've got a Combo account. So accounts where you signed up to Broadband and took out TV. The only way they can fix is to create a new account that is not associated with the TV.  Apparently a TV representative may be able to help setting this up.

Otherwise they are currently in the process of migrating combo customers but have no timescales when this will happen. 

I'm considering moving to Sky (Black Friday Offer) so I've said to leave it for now. It's annoying though that I'm paying £30 a month and this wasn't resolved before launch. As with Sky though, its all about new customers and not giving service to the existing ones!!