cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kamil

9 Months free on Now when you buy 1 day pass

Got an email saying that after my day of Now Sports, they are currently doing an offer and they have added 9 months on them. On the account it said that next payment will be taken in July 2024 but I can't watch anything as it's asking me to pay either the monthly or one day pass. What do I do, or was it all just a scam ?

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Kamil 

Are you using a Mobile phone with the Mobile Sports Membership? 

If so is it a foldable phone ?

What Sky Sports channels have you tried, where you only get Sky Sports Premier League, Action, Arena, Racing (horses) and News with a Mobile Sports Membership.

Have you also checked you are logged into the NOW App on your phone? 

Amy23

I’ve also got this same issue. Got an email yesterday saying I had 9 months free and it would automatically cancel but the subscription doesn’t show on my profile so have now had to buy another day pass 

Adziid

I have the same issue. I even went on the website and had to click restart membership still doesn't work.

RoyB
Legend

It only works on a mobile. Not a tablet, not a computer, and most certainly not on a stick or a TV.

try it on your phone, and be sure to only access the five channels that @schnapps @lists above, as they are the only ones included.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same issue. I bought a day sports pass. Was told that I would get an email confirming when my 9 months mobile pass would beginn but have had no such email. It did say with 10 working days but this was on the 23rd Oct.  If I try watching sky sports premier league on my iPhone it asks me to buy another pass. Bit annoying as I only bought the pass to get the 9 months. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Do you know that the mobile membership only offers a handful of the 11 channels?
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-use-my-sports-mobile-membership

If it is within the select few channels, speak with staff to see what’s going on. Make sure to be signed in and use the ‘How to get in touch’ drop down.
https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/tv/vouchers-and-offers

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Sonnyjim55
Advocate

TOTAL SCAM! NowTVs 9 month free Sports Mobile is a con. I’ve paid the £11.99 for a day pass twice now and both times when I tried a few weeks later to watch the Sky Sports Premier channel on my mobile it says I need to buy membership even though this channel is included. When I contacted customer services they plead ignorance and ask for proof that the promotion was included. When you check your receipt they sneakily don’t list it. So you’re left feeling completely robbed and they don’t care at all. BEWARE!!! Twice bitten twice shy