Anonymous User
Not applicable

7 day free trial cost me £12

Just payed £12 for a weeks free trail at least that’s what I fort I was getting

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Saint1976 @RoyB @Anonymous User @gavs82008 That £12 /month for 6 months of combined entertainment and cinema is, for the moment, only being offered to (some) new members. So those of us who have been subscribers for any length of time won’t see the offer. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I can’t see any way that you could wind up paying £12 for a week’s free trial.

Not that being charged couldn’t happen - it would if you had already had a Membership and so weren’t eligible for a trial, or if you started a trial and let it run over the 7 days. But I can’t see where £12 would come from in any of these scenarios.

£11.99 would buy you a Day Membership for Sports, of which there is no free trial.

An overrunning Cinema or Entertainment Pass, with Boost, would be £14.99

Hayu with Boost, £9.99

What did you unexpectedly pay for that cost £12?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I don’t no but I only did it because it said “7 day free trial “
Saint1976
Elite 3

@RoyB there's an offer of entertainment and cinema for £12 a month for 6 months.

Screenshot_20221206-094457.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I did that on my phone because the 7 day trial on my tv told me to but didn’t want it & don’t no how to cancel it & get my money back.?

RoyB
Legend

@Saint1976 

Thanks. I had to jump through quite a few hoops to see that offer; even signed out, Now seems to know who I am, as shown by the progress bars on things I’ve watched 😢

But I imagine if you claim that offer, you don’t get a free trial?

Or if you claim that offer during a free trial, it takes over and bills you immediately?

@Anonymous User 

@gavs82008 above has told you where to get help with this.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks mate all sorted
Saint1976
Elite 3

@RoyB signed out I don't see the free trial offer at all but do vaguely remember there was/is a free trial for combined cinema and entertainment. Maybe that defaults to the 6 months offer?

RoyB
Legend

@Saint1976 

I found - eventually - the offer you have the screenshot of above. Note where it just says ‘Claim Offer’ - no indication that it starts with a free trial. I did click the Claim Offer, but it wanted me to sign in, and if I had, it would no doubt have remarked on my existing deals.

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Saint1976 @RoyB @Anonymous User @gavs82008 That £12 /month for 6 months of combined entertainment and cinema is, for the moment, only being offered to (some) new members. So those of us who have been subscribers for any length of time won’t see the offer.