cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

6 month entertainment and movie offer

So BRAND NEW CUSTOMER, saw the 6 month movie and entertainment offer, thought "great offer, new customer, must grab that".  Hadn't even bought a box yet.  Left Sky as it was getting very expensive.  But to see said offer, I must get a Now TV box (obviously), so created an account and paid for a box.

Wait 3 days and box arrives, great, time to grab that deal.   COMPUTER SAYS NO, "new customers only".  What? I am a new customer!!! Literally unboxed the box today.

I have spent an hours and a half on the online chat (omg how slow are they!?) and gotten nowhere.  Essentially I would have had to buy the offer before I even had a box - which wasn't written on the offer page anywhere (I checked, double and triple checked!).  I was offered a month of free movie and entertainment (as good will gesture)... but I had to purchase a month of each first at full price. No thanks.

So, can someone explain how one is supposed to literally GUESS that you have to buy a package before you buy the kit to actually watch the package.  That's like buying the petrol before you buy a car...

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Quite simple you can view now tv on many devices not just the Now tv box/stick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got rid of SKY TV to watch on the TV...  not so I can watch stuff on iPad or laptop.

This was like having an offer of cheap petrol, but only if you buy it before you buy the car.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Sounds to me that you didn't follow the link on the nowtv website where the offer was shown for new customers and by following the link the offer would have been automatically added to your new account.

If you created a new account by not following the link offer and set it up by other means then the offer wouldn't be eligible on your new account.

Also, you usually find better deals for the nowtv box or stick with a bundled voucher that you could have saved until after the six month offer expired from places like Argos, Curry's or the major Supermarkets such has Tesco, Asda's, Sainsburys etc where they keep these items off the shelf, so there is no need to wait 3 to 5 days for delivery when buying directly from nowtv website.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi there i followed the link after clicking on the 6 month offer of both entertainment and movies, last, it prompted me to then create and account and then enter my card details and then it said "great start watching" except i can't and it wont let me do anything other than a 7 day free trial... today i'm just really frustrated at not being able to contact any sort of customer care?!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

hi there i followed the link after clicking on the 6 month offer of both entertainment and movies, last, it prompted me to then create and account and then enter my card details and then it said "great start watching" except i can't and it wont let me do anything other than a 7 day free trial... today i'm just really frustrated at not being able to contact any sort of customer care?!

Now Tv customer support is on a par with Virgin Media and Sky you could find Big Foot quicker.