cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

£50 John Lewis Voucher

I signed up via Martin Lewis website for broadband where you receive a £50 voucher. I signed up 23/08/18, it’s now November and I have still not received my voucher. I have filled out the NowTv enquiry form that relates to it 3 times and am not getting a response...feeling mugged off if I’m honest. 

Anyone else had the same problem, and even so has anyone actually had a voucher as seems like a scam? 

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I'm in the same position. Contacted Now customer services but was told to contact MSE. Friends who opted for a Tesco voucher got their's a few weeks after signing up. It did say it would be 60-90 days so I guess I have another couple of weeks to see if anything arrives

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same.

Got sent back to the comparison website who sent me back to Nowtv and then on to a different email (awin .com?). No response.

i do have a copy of the original offer page so when the 90 days is up I will be taking this outside Nowtv.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi guys,

I've been waiting 6 months for my John Lewis Voucher and have contacted various times to be told, they are waiting for the 'Affiliate' to get back to them.

I realise it is only a £50 voucher but it is more the principle of false advertising now which has annoyed me as I feel duped into getting the deal with them.

I contacted the Advertising Standards Agency and they've given me the following advice:

Advertising Rules – Promotional marketing

Promoters are responsible for all aspects and all stages of their promotions.

Promoters must ensure that their promotions are conducted under proper supervision and make adequate resources available to administer them. Promoters, agencies and intermediaries should not give consumers justifiable grounds for complaint.

Promoters must award the prizes as described in their marketing communications or reasonable equivalents, normally within 30 days.

They also shared this link on affiliate marketing https://www.asa.org.uk/advice-online/affiliate-marketing.html and highlighted the following sentence:

The ASA has ruled that both the business and the affiliate marketer are responsible under the Code notwithstanding the fact that the ads may have been created solely by the affiliate rather than by the business themselves (GTMC Inc, 31 July 2013; LifeStyle Advantage Ltd t/a Essence of Argan, 6 March 2013; JC Inc t/a justcloud.com, 27 March 2013).”

If anyone is still having problems and they aren't resolved within a week of complaining, you can submit a complaint. to the ASA via the link below: 

https://www.asa.org.uk/make-a-complaint.html  This enables form us to capture all the details we need to look into this matter first.

Hope this helps!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Ninja2, I've made a complaint.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Don't waste your time with the Advertising Standards Agency, they are totally not interested. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am in exactly the same situation where I made my decision to go for Nowtv broadband on the strength of the John Lewis voucher so I signed up in August ‘18 and so far nothing. I have put in two or three online customer complaints (it appears that there is no other avenue to make contact with this company) and still I have not had a reply or any other contact. Going on Trustpilot you will see the same complaints so I’m about to write to the Consumer Complaints department on The Sunday Times as I feel that this is blatant daylight robbery. I wonder if anybody has got their JL voucher . This means a lot to me on a very tight budget!