cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

3 months of Sky Cinema FREE. NOT!

I logged in today to cancel my entertainment pass as I am not watching it. After going through the cancellation process, on the last screen after turning down the offer of entertainment for £3.60 for 3 months I was offered Sky Cinema for FREE for 3 months.  Obviously an offer I could not refuse. So I took up the offer. 

I then checked passes and vouchers which showed I would be charged £4.80/month !!?!?!

I took this up with now TV chat but got no joy. Can someone from now TV team assist?

Now (03/10/2019, 13:16:23): Thanks for contacting NOW TV, you are talking to now. How can I help?
null (03/10/2019, 13:17:16): Hi I cancelled my entertainment pass today. At the end of the cancellation I was offered sky cinema for 3 months for FREE
null (03/10/2019, 13:18:11): I accepted the offer, but when I checked in passes and vouchers it said I would pay £4.80/month from 19 October
null (03/10/2019, 13:18:45): Can I get sky cinema free for 3 months?
Now (03/10/2019, 13:19:25): Hello, Good afternoon.
null (03/10/2019, 13:19:52): Hello Now (03/10/2019, 13:20:43): Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Let me get this checked for you and help you accordingly.
null (03/10/2019, 13:21:34): No problem
null (03/10/2019, 13:24:22): I have cancelled the cinema pass.
Now (03/10/2019, 13:25:16): I cannot help you with a free voucher, you can avail the offer you have received or I can help you with another discounted deal.
null (03/10/2019, 13:27:10): No thanks. I was offered 3 months of sky cinema for free. Unfortunately I did not take a screenshot, but would it be possible to let whoever set that up know it does not work.
null (03/10/2019, 13:27:23): Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Funnily enough I got this today, so in the end I got the three months free...

Hi Brian,

Ref: 05794711

Thank you for your patience in allowing us to get back to you, and please accept my apologies for the delay in response. 

I can see from previous correspondence that you had contacted in regarding an offer that you were unable to claim. Whilst we have not been able to verify the offer, due to the time it has taken to resolve this I would like to offer to provide you with a 3 month voucher code to avail of The Sky Cinema Pass for free as a gesture of goodwill. 

Please let me know if you are happy to accept this as resolution to your complaint and I will supply the voucher on return. 

Kind Regards

View solution in original post

61 REPLIES 61
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SweetBlitz Happened to me too. I have a screenshot but it says "You do not have permission to upload images" is this the same for everyone or just because I'm new to the community?

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

@Anonymous User  you should be able to upload images. I did on earlier posts.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SweetBlitz unfortunately it still won't let me upload. I don't know if I have to wait a while for the ability to upload images 🤔 It just says "You do not have permission to upload images." which is quite strange

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have received a reply to my email, "I can assure you that we do not have promotional free offers. " - so I am apparently imagining the offer I received, or am a liar, as are many others 😡.

You can find others affected by this issue on HUKD:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sky-cinema-pass-or-sky-entertainment-pass-free-3-months-account-spe...

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

@Anonymous User  So looks like I am not the liar after all.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SweetBlitz That is why I posted link to the hukd thread, as it included screenshots and others who have also been told it does not exist 😇

Contact their CS (fill in the form) and if they reply saying they don't have promotion free offers, reply with the screenshots and ask them to escalate it as a complaint as the evidence clearly shows the offer that they say doesn't exist. I have now had the offer honoured 🙂.

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

@Anonymous User I also got the 3 months free, see previous page, but wanted a screen shot to vindicate it.

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

@Anonymous User  I must be imagining this...

SweetBlitz_0-1588936959143.png