cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

3 months of Sky Cinema FREE. NOT!

I logged in today to cancel my entertainment pass as I am not watching it. After going through the cancellation process, on the last screen after turning down the offer of entertainment for £3.60 for 3 months I was offered Sky Cinema for FREE for 3 months.  Obviously an offer I could not refuse. So I took up the offer. 

I then checked passes and vouchers which showed I would be charged £4.80/month !!?!?!

I took this up with now TV chat but got no joy. Can someone from now TV team assist?

Now (03/10/2019, 13:16:23): Thanks for contacting NOW TV, you are talking to now. How can I help?
null (03/10/2019, 13:17:16): Hi I cancelled my entertainment pass today. At the end of the cancellation I was offered sky cinema for 3 months for FREE
null (03/10/2019, 13:18:11): I accepted the offer, but when I checked in passes and vouchers it said I would pay £4.80/month from 19 October
null (03/10/2019, 13:18:45): Can I get sky cinema free for 3 months?
Now (03/10/2019, 13:19:25): Hello, Good afternoon.
null (03/10/2019, 13:19:52): Hello Now (03/10/2019, 13:20:43): Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Let me get this checked for you and help you accordingly.
null (03/10/2019, 13:21:34): No problem
null (03/10/2019, 13:24:22): I have cancelled the cinema pass.
Now (03/10/2019, 13:25:16): I cannot help you with a free voucher, you can avail the offer you have received or I can help you with another discounted deal.
null (03/10/2019, 13:27:10): No thanks. I was offered 3 months of sky cinema for free. Unfortunately I did not take a screenshot, but would it be possible to let whoever set that up know it does not work.
null (03/10/2019, 13:27:23): Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Funnily enough I got this today, so in the end I got the three months free...

Hi Brian,

Ref: 05794711

Thank you for your patience in allowing us to get back to you, and please accept my apologies for the delay in response. 

I can see from previous correspondence that you had contacted in regarding an offer that you were unable to claim. Whilst we have not been able to verify the offer, due to the time it has taken to resolve this I would like to offer to provide you with a 3 month voucher code to avail of The Sky Cinema Pass for free as a gesture of goodwill. 

Please let me know if you are happy to accept this as resolution to your complaint and I will supply the voucher on return. 

Kind Regards

View solution in original post

61 REPLIES 61
SweetBlitz
Expert 3
More of the nonsense.
Can someone from Now TV team reply?

Sent: 07 October 2019 16:58
To: [email removed] <[email removed]>
Subject: Re: NOW TV Help - Case ID: 05794711 () [ ref:_00DG0BmYO._5004ItuQSO:ref ]

I did not miss the offer. The offer was not applied correctly.

Can you check with the sales and marketing team? They can confirm what I have said happened is possible.

Sent from BlueMail
On 7 Oct 2019, at 4:52 pm, SweetBlitz wrote:
It was free. It was definitely FREE, so you are incorrect writing never. Can someone check what happened on 3 October when I did following. 

I cancelled ENTERTAINMENT, and eventually was made an offer of £3.60/month but I turned it down. 
Then it made an offer of FREE CINEMA for three months. I accepted it and was then passes and vouchers said ok would be charged £4.80/month. 

Sent from BlueMail
On 7 Oct 2019, at 3:12 pm, NOW TV Help < [email removed]> wrote:

Hi Brian,

Ref: 05794711

Thank you for contacting NOW TV.

Apologies for the hassle caused. 

With regards to your query, the offer that comes after cancelling the pass is to retain our customers. 

The offer generated by system is never free. However, you missed the offer and the same offer cannot be generated on the code. 

However, as informed we could help you with an offer for 4 months. You'll be charged £4.99 per month for 4 months. 

Please note, the offer can be generated only once per account. 

Please let us know if we could go ahead and generate the offer. 

Awaiting your response. 

To contact us about this topic, reply to this email without changing the subject line.

Or, if you would prefer to use Live Chat visit our Help site selecting the same topic as before and once you’re on chat give us your reference number 05794711.

Thanks,

Nehal

The NOW TV Team

ref:_00DG0BmYO._5004ItuQSO:ref
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Duplicate

Anonymous User
Not applicable

FWIW when Amazon offer something free for 3 months they do it!

67EB4DBC-036E-44BE-B745-EBB63F382801.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I took screen shots but its still taken me nearly 2 hours today to get them to apply it and give me the refund. There is clearly a system issue. I was also told that the offer was for £4.80 per month but the screen shots clearly show it is not and  even if it were, under the unfair contract terms act 1977 they would need to make it clear to you the cost implication. I would suggest anyone who has this problem, raise it through the complaint process (but be aware its a rubbish process and I ended up being transferred and transferred and transferred)and also take up with the regulator and always take screen prints. I've now taken screen shots of all of the chat today - 4 separate agents and nearly 2 hours but got there, hopefully. I'm not happy with the process and may complain to the regulator that there is no accountable record and no proper process to complain and get resolved. 

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

I've now taken screen shots of all of the chat today - 4 separate agents and nearly 2 hours but got there, hopefully. I'm not happy with the process and may complain to the regulator that there is no accountable record and no proper process to complain and get resolved

@Anonymous User I have to admit I admire your persistence.  I gave up.  And am still waiting for a reply 3 months later.

Will someone from NOW TV team respond?

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

I would suggest anyone who has this problem, raise it through the complaint process and also take up with the regulator and always take screen prints.

@Anonymous User great advice, if only I had a time machine 😉  But for anyone who does get any sort of offer, then do this when you accept it.  Once bitten, twice shy. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Probably never get an answer on this.  Now TV simply avoiding the issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The special offer just for me doesn’t work either. No answer from Now TV. Been over a week now. Still the same.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Offers-Vouchers/Special-Offer-Just-for-Me-not-working/m-p/516547#M508...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry - changed subject back.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is not accurate. They clearly have an issue with what they offered on their system but as you accepted the offer of free for 3 months, that should be applied.