cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

3 months of Sky Cinema FREE. NOT!

I logged in today to cancel my entertainment pass as I am not watching it. After going through the cancellation process, on the last screen after turning down the offer of entertainment for £3.60 for 3 months I was offered Sky Cinema for FREE for 3 months.  Obviously an offer I could not refuse. So I took up the offer. 

I then checked passes and vouchers which showed I would be charged £4.80/month !!?!?!

I took this up with now TV chat but got no joy. Can someone from now TV team assist?

Now (03/10/2019, 13:16:23): Thanks for contacting NOW TV, you are talking to now. How can I help?
null (03/10/2019, 13:17:16): Hi I cancelled my entertainment pass today. At the end of the cancellation I was offered sky cinema for 3 months for FREE
null (03/10/2019, 13:18:11): I accepted the offer, but when I checked in passes and vouchers it said I would pay £4.80/month from 19 October
null (03/10/2019, 13:18:45): Can I get sky cinema free for 3 months?
Now (03/10/2019, 13:19:25): Hello, Good afternoon.
null (03/10/2019, 13:19:52): Hello Now (03/10/2019, 13:20:43): Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Let me get this checked for you and help you accordingly.
null (03/10/2019, 13:21:34): No problem
null (03/10/2019, 13:24:22): I have cancelled the cinema pass.
Now (03/10/2019, 13:25:16): I cannot help you with a free voucher, you can avail the offer you have received or I can help you with another discounted deal.
null (03/10/2019, 13:27:10): No thanks. I was offered 3 months of sky cinema for free. Unfortunately I did not take a screenshot, but would it be possible to let whoever set that up know it does not work.
null (03/10/2019, 13:27:23): Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Funnily enough I got this today, so in the end I got the three months free...

Hi Brian,

Ref: 05794711

Thank you for your patience in allowing us to get back to you, and please accept my apologies for the delay in response. 

I can see from previous correspondence that you had contacted in regarding an offer that you were unable to claim. Whilst we have not been able to verify the offer, due to the time it has taken to resolve this I would like to offer to provide you with a 3 month voucher code to avail of The Sky Cinema Pass for free as a gesture of goodwill. 

Please let me know if you are happy to accept this as resolution to your complaint and I will supply the voucher on return. 

Kind Regards

View solution in original post

61 REPLIES 61
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

I got this email

We haven't heard from you - NOW TV Case ID: 05794711 (ref:_00DG0BmYO._5004ItuQSO:ref)

On 6 Oct 2019, at 9:08 pm, NOW TV Help <help AT nowtv.com> wrote:

Hi

We hope you got our email the other day about your question - ref 05794711. We haven’t heard from you and just want to check that everything’s OK.

If you do still need help, please take a look at the email we sent as this includes details of what you need to do next. If we asked you to send us more information, just reply to that email or simply let us know that you’re all sorted and we’ll take it from there.

If you would prefer to get in touch through Live Chat, simply Contact Us. Please remember your reference number 05794711, as again, it will help us keep a track of all your contacts.

We're here 10am -10pm, 7 days a week, ready and waiting to help.

Kind Regards,

The NOW TV Team

I never got the previous email about my question so have no idea what to do next, so I contacted live chat as suggested and quoted the Case ID 05794711.

I got into another cyclic conversation where I stated what had happened. I was asked if I had any "proof".  I didn't take screenshots of every step when I took the free offer.  Why would I?  I didn’t expect to be charged £4.80/month. Had I known there would be a problem I would have taken screenshots.  But I didn’t. 

There must be a record of my accepting the offer, and there must be something on the Now TV servers that prove I was made the offer.

Below is a screenshot showing it would be  charged at £4.80/month.

Can anyone from Now TV team look into this?

F6DD93F4-CFE3-4F3D-B19B-9E5045BBB5C1.png

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

My reply disappeared!  I will reply again...

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

I got the email below

We haven't heard from you - NOW TV Case ID: 05794711 (ref:_00DG0BmYO._5004ItuQSO:ref)

On 6 Oct 2019, at 9:08 pm, NOW TV Help <help AT nowtv.com> wrote:

Hi

We hope you got our email the other day about your question - ref 05794711. We haven’t heard from you and just want to check that everything’s OK.

If you do still need help, please take a look at the email we sent as this includes details of what you need to do next. If we asked you to send us more information, just reply to that email or simply let us know that you’re all sorted and we’ll take it from there.

If you would prefer to get in touch through Live Chat, simply Contact Us. Please remember your reference number 05794711, as again, it will help us keep a track of all your contacts.

We're here 10am -10pm, 7 days a week, ready and waiting to help.

Kind Regards,

The NOW TV Team

I never got the previous email about my question so have no idea what to do next, so I contacted Live Chat and quoted the Case ID 05794711, I got into another cyclic conversation where I stated what had happened. I was asked if I had any "proof".  I didn't take screenshots of every step when I took the free offer.  Why would I?  I didn’t expect to be charged £4.80/month. Had I known there would be a problem I would have taken screenshots.  But I didn’t.  There must be a record of my accepting the offer, and there must be something on the Now TV servers that prove I was made the offer.

I can provide a screenshot that it was being charged at £4.80/month.

Can someone from Now TV team look into this?

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

B32B1EE6-E2E0-4654-AEB6-7D3DD80084EC.png

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

I am puzzled.

I had an offer of 3 free months of sky cinema confirmed onscreen, which appeared as £4.80/month in passes and vouchers.  now chat/email are offering me £4.99/month. Odd. Why would I want to pay more than the incorrect offer.

Chat/email response has just told me the offer generated by the system is NEVER free. But it was for me.

sequence

1. cancelled ENTERTAINMENT 
  2. got offer of £3.60/month for ENTERTAINMENT, which I turned down
  3. then it said "Try Something Different” and offered 3 months of Sky Cinema for FREE

Above is exactly what happened. 

RoyB
Legend

@SweetBlitz 

Re postings that don’t appear, some hopefully good information ( (c) Billy Joel ):-

Click your avatar and look under My Profile for Drafts.

I often find I’ve clicked Post, and the posting hasn’t gone.

If I fail to notice this, I find them in Drafts, from where I can usually send them, unless they are Edits that have now run out of time.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Sorry? What are you on about?

RoyB
Legend

You said:

My reply disappeared!  I will reply again...

I wondered if I might have a possible explanation for that, for you.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

@RoyB the reply disappeared. It was there and then deleted. Don't know why.

To be honest I am more concerned about accepting an offer for free cinema for 3 months and then seeing I would be charged.

Can someone from Now TV team respond?