cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

3 month Entertainment Pass issue

dded a 3 month entertainment voucher I received as a giftcard to my account.
I did this on October 8th.

My Account says now that the pass expires on Dec 8th ??? - thats only TWO months.??

am I missing something here??

Please advise

thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You might be encountering a software bug on your Passes & Vouchers section.

To double check go to My Account > Bills & Payments and see if there is a £0 charge for the 8th of December 2019.

if so you have the same glitch on the system has me.

Take a screen shot of both your Pass & Vouchers page and Bills & Payments page showing your account status for 8th of December and keep the screen shot safe.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You might be encountering a software bug on your Passes & Vouchers section.

To double check go to My Account > Bills & Payments and see if there is a £0 charge for the 8th of December 2019.

if so you have the same glitch on the system has me.

Take a screen shot of both your Pass & Vouchers page and Bills & Payments page showing your account status for 8th of December and keep the screen shot safe.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks very much for the reply!

did you get a solution to this?

if so, how did you do it?

thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The bug is still there on my Cinema voucher pass where i have been assured by @Karl-F The NowTV Community Manager that there will be no money taken out of my account in December.

The two screen shots should suffice has proof, however perhaps Karl could double check your account his end when he gets into work hopefully early next week.

Should you get no reply or PM from Karl early part of next week with assurances that there will be no charge for the 8th of December and you still have another month left remaining of your three month voucher pass then jump over to live chat for confirmation that you will not be billed for the last month of your voucher.

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps  @Anonymous User 

Hi Schnapps

Believe it or not, I just added an Entertainment voucher to my account and it has not shown up. I went through the normal process of adding the voucher, which should take me to the last week in January, and, by all intent, it seemed to have been accepted but then it vanished.

OK, I thought, it must be that bug Schnapps told Dav about, so I got onto Help Chat and got the Helper to confirm that the voucher I had just put on was still there, which he did.

And for safe keeping, I saved the Help Transcript just in case something else goes wrong.

UK Bob

RoyB
Legend

Hi @ukbobboy 

Can you try going to My Account/Passes & vouchers (where I expect the pass will not show up), and then click through on the link there to Bills & Payments?

I think that might give a bit more indication that you do have the pass, though perhaps indirectly, e.g. by showing the next payment date as end January.

Can you look and see if this is indeed the case?

If it is, then we can use this technique to reassure customers with this problem, without having to send them to Live Chat.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
ukbobboy
Legend

@RoyB @schnapps @Anonymous User 

Hi Roy

Just did as you asked and the following happened:

As I was going into my account there was a brief flash of a red banner, no more than 2 seconds max, saying We're having problems displaying vouchers (I'm guessing the "voucher" part because I did not really see it long enough to register it or anything else).

Anyway, I got into Bills & payments but could only see the following:

Entertainment Month Pass

To be paid on 23 Dec

which was the original date on my account before I added the new voucher.

So Roy, unfortunately we're still going to be obligated to send users to Live Chat.

UK Bob

RoyB
Legend

@ukbobboy @schnapps @Anonymous User 

Thanks for looking.

But yes, mine still shows the upcoming payment date when the ‘missing’ voucher starts, but it shows the payment as £0.00:-

BDBEEB51-4B0B-476B-81C0-089B0F1C7D3D.png

Presumably yours doesn’t show zero?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
ukbobboy
Legend

@RoyB 

Well Roy

My next payment does show zero but, somehow, it's not that reassuring, especially as there is no guarantee a subscription fee will not be levied on payment date.

Cynical

UK Bob

RoyB
Legend

@ukbobboy 

Cynic - a blackguard who sees things as they are, and not how other people would want them to be seen (Ambrose Bierce).

True - anything is possible, I suppose. But that zero is an indication that NowTV hasn’t entirely ignored the new pass.

I mean, why otherwise would they give established and loyal customers something for nothing?