cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

2019 Black Friday / Cyber Monday Sale from Retailers.

Thought i would start a new thread on here where you can post deals that you have come across either online or directly seen from the shop for NowTV related products.

Here's two deals to get the ball rolling.

1. John Lewis are currently selling a NowTV stick bundled with a one month cinema, one month entertainment, one month kids and one day sports pass for £15 which is currently in stock.

https://www.johnlewis.com/now-tv-smart-stick-with-hd-voice-search-1-month-entertainment-1-month-sky-... 

Screenshot_2019-11-18-17-10-14.png

2. Currys are currently selling the NowTV 4K Smart box with a bundled one month cinema, entertainment, kids voucher pass plus a one day sports pass for £24.99.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/digital-and-smart-tv/set-top-boxes/smart-box...  

Screenshot_2019-11-18-17-10-54.png

I am sure more retailers will follow suit the closer we get to Black Friday / Cyber Monday 😆.

17 REPLIES 17
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Looks like Amazon UK are doing the same two above deals as well 😆

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Asda are doing the stick for £15 as well, so this looks like the pre BF price floating around at the moment from a few Retailers.

Just beware that Asda and i believe John Lewis have a minimum spend policy from what i gather.

I am sure others will follow 😉.

Screenshot_2019-11-18-17-34-50.png

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Currys are currently showing on their website a NowTV stick bundled with a one month sports pass for £19.99 if anybody is interested.

Also looks like Amazon UK are doing the same deal for a limited time period.

Screenshot_2019-11-19-13-30-20.png

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps 

Will be interesting to see the bundle deals for the passes. Considering the prices have went up slightly. 

That being said, I don't see me renewing my cinema pass, but will renew the entertainment pass for sure. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps 

I do have to admit the deal on the box for £25 is cracking, considering it is the only way to get a Now TV device with a Ethernet port, the stick doesn't support it. 

Plus to get a months pass of movies and entertainment as well is not bad at all. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @gavs82008 

I doubt the Retailers will discount the NowTV Gift cards over BF, but i am hoping the NowTV website will have some attractive deals for existing customers over the BF / Cyber Monday period (fingers crossed).

The only downside with the six or twelve month extended pass deals (if offered by NowTV on BF which normally equates to even better discounts) is that they involve an upfront payment which not all people can afford in one go, especially coming up to Christmas which is demanding on families on low income 😠.

I tend to stick with shorter term deals, where i am currently on a 3 month entertainment retention offer at £1.60 per month which starts at the end of November 😆.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps 

Yeah I do have to agree as good as the deals are for the bundles, paying x amount up front can be costly. More so if its more than one pass you are paying for. 

For me I will be keeping an eye on the entertainment pass bundle deals. Have to say even though I got the movies and entertainment for £99 last year, I am very jealous of the £1.60 a month for your entertainment pass!

Now TV normally are decent at getting good offers over Black Friday, which can be slightly difficult to achieve when you are already on deals. Nothing a visit to online chat cant sort out though. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @gavs82008 

I have been using NowTV for approximately five years now and never once have i paid the full monthly subscription prices.

If you are shop savvy and use promo codes, gift cards, occasional retention deals (if you are lucky to be offered them when cancelling a pass) Black Friday and other sales deals during the year then there is no need to pay full monthly subscription prices.

Or if you have the money in the bank and a 12 month deal crops up then just pay upfront.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps 

Sounds very similar to the length of time I have been using Now TV. Best move I did was leaving Sky for Now TV.

Sure you don't get 1080i HD channels, but you get the main entertainment channels for literally a fraction of the cost. Plus with the HD boost on the horizon it will be a better alternative to the full blown Sky package.

Over the time, there might have been probably 2 maybe 3 months where I cancelled and didn't get a retention offer, so I bit the bullet and resigned. It was only last year when I manged to afford the big one off payment, but I can see me just sticking with the retention offers now. Unless there is going to be a good Entertainment BF deal.