cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

10 month Sports Season Ticket - Important Info

Just a heads up fellow Sports fans,

I bought the Sports Season Ticket last year for £179 and having done so, cancelled it immediately. It still ran for 10 months before ending, just like all the other passes I have bought and cancelled.

I bought the Season Ticket this year for £199 and having done so, once again cancelled it to avoid auto-renewals at the end of the 10 months.

But this year, the system cancels it straightaway and you lose all the extra months!!! 

I have had to spend an hour and a half on live chat to get this sorted.

Basically do NOT cancel your season ticket, unless you are in the final month of it.

I am disappointed with NOW TV for this. They are just hoping you will forget after 10 months and end up with an auto-renewing month pass at £34 a month. This was not how it worked last year either!!!

This is exactly what I hate generally about capitalist greed. No sense of putting the customer's needs first, just thinking of sneaky ways to screw more money out of us.

I genuinely thought NOW TV were better than that.

Clearly the fact that it is different this year is an indicator that they felt they were missing a trick...

Oh well - thank God for Google Calendar reminders, eh?

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Yes, NowTV should really not have made this Pass have this particular cancellation behaviour.

But when you cancel such a Pass, you have up until the truncated expiry date to resurrect it, and you should be able to do this for yourself under My Account/Passes & Vouchers, without needing to involve Live Chat.

Did this not work for you, or did you go past the truncated expiry date, or not realise you could resurrect it, or what?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes I was 3 days over the date... 😢