cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry now tv is currently unavailable

have wasted many hours trying to get mynow tv stick to work . It has worked for more than a year and has decided to stop working . The screen displays ‘Sorry , NOW TV is currently unavailable’ I have carried out all the suggested fixes , rebooting , resetting , powering down , updating the software , pressing the back button , pressing the sky store bottom , pressing the home bottom, pressing the fast forward button , pressing the fast rewind button in every combination know you mankind and extra terrestrial outer works being , all to no avail. Clearly after visiting your community pages this problem had existed for a very long time and have failed to fix it . You take money from people for a device which is clearly not fit for purpose . This is a clear breach of my consumer rights . If you are unable to rectify the problem you should withdraw the stick from sale , recall the product and issue a refund and compensation  and issue a public apology for  marketing a defective product

8 REPLIES 8
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Well LL

I'm sure you've relieved the stress from your chest after that little tirade, but you missed your intended target coz' the Now TV Team hardly ever visit this customer led forum.

So, if you've now cooled down a little, you can re-write your "spleen venting" to the following email address where you will find your target:

Now TV Customer Services Email.jpgOK, I take it your Now TV stick is now out of it's warranty and so you may need to buy a new one, but rather than buying the same thing again most people on this forum are now recommending the "Now TV enabled" Amazon Fire stick as a better quality alternative.

If, however, you no longer like the stick form factor then you should be aware that the Now TV app will be ported over to other Amazon streaming products later in the new year.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Cheers for the info but I cannot see the email that you say I should write to
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @schnapps  (for Info)

Hi again LL

If you can't see the email address I printed in my previous post then there is definitely something wrong and, as suggested by Schnapps, you are probably using a utility that is interfering with the proper working and function of your computer.

Anyway, the address is:

CUSTOMERSERVICES @ NOWTV.COM 

All letters to be in lower case and without any space between them.

UK Bob

Saint1976
Elite 3

Hi @ukbobboy it took me a while but I finally figured out why people can't see the image with the customer services address. It's more than likely they're using the reply function in the email they receive when we post a comment. For some reason the email doesn't show embedded images! Just another thing to add to NowTV's list of functional issues!

ukbobboy
Legend

@Saint1976  w/ @Anonymous User  gavs82008  &  @schnapps (for info)

You know Saint

When I reply to either my own post or Gavs, who also uses the same embedded image, I can see the Now TV email address quite clearly.

So you could be right, i.e. a fault within the forum's software, or the problem could be elsewhere, as suggested by Schnapps. Either way,  I believe that LL's got to look into the utilities he is using first and then his screen resolution settings.  

Saying that, since the forum's upgrade I have been having difficulty seeing "-" (the minus/dash symbol) unless it's had Bold applied to it.

Anyway, just kicking out ideas.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you using any Adblocking software on your Router such has Pi hole for example ?

Also a couple of BT Home Hub customers mentioned they had to enable file sharing on their Router settings to get rid of this particular message on their NowTV devices.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had to jump on here and say thanks - i use pihole which apparently was blocking the ability to hit the home screen of the nowtv box and for some reason I always forget its there so thanks schnapps!

Once pihole is disabled or disabled per client (a whole different problem) then my now tv box is working.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same problem. Been streaming Now TV on my Windows 10, Lenovo laptop for months but suddenly it stopped working with the " Sorry now tv is currently unavailable"

After considerable faffing around and no helpful "community" advice/help, I discovered this must be a Google Chrome issue. E.g works fine with Microsoft Edge. I guess there must have been a Chrome update that screwed Now TV.