cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoyB Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Why can’t I get normal TV on a new NowTV Stick?

@robert1997 @ukbobboy 

Yes; every time I ask in Curry’s if anyone can answer a technical question or fix a broken product, they all smile brightly and say “Nohow”.

At least, I think that’s what they are saying..... Smiley Tongue

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’.
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’.
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ukbobboy 

Yeah the Shop Sales assistant (not going to mention any companies) does come into play now & again where they have given the wrong advice to customers.

Another contributory factor is that customers have wrongly assumed that if a previous nowtv device included an inbuilt Freeview TV tuner then they assumed any newer nowtv devices will also include similar features.

All i can say is doing your research is vitally important when buying any product before parting with your hard earned cash (even if the nowtv stick only costs around £15).

0 Thanks
ukbobboy
Champion

@schnapps @robert1997  @RoyB 

Hi Schnapps

You know, I agree with most, if not all, of what you have posted but there is one little wrinkle and that is: "All I can say is doing your research is vitally important when buying any product before parting with your hard earned cash...".

OK, as a matter of personal policy, I always do my own research before buying any type of electrical device or equipment.  But not everybody thinks that way, in fact I had a friend who actually said that he should be able to walk into any store, give a shop assistant an idea of what he is after and then have the shop assistant tell him what he should buy. When I heard this I reacted with shock and some anger. However, and the point is, a lot of people behave the same way, i.e. depend on a shop assistant to honestly "assist them".

The simple fact is there will always be a sizeable percentage of people that cannot or will not do any research for themselves and so will always defer to a "commission hungry" shop assistant for their buying advice.  And then blame someone, or anyone, else if the advice turns out to be wrong.

UK Bob