cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

why cant i get normal tv on new now tv stick

i installed the new stick yesterday and for some reason i dont now get any normal tv channels i.e itv or channel 4 them sort of channels have i done something wrong or do you not get them on the new stick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

You won't get the Freeview over the air TV channels from the NowTV smart stick.

If you want this feature you will need the NowTV smart box connected to a TV aerial.

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB 

Is there a freeview box that can pause terrestrial TV like the old NOW TV Gen 1 box? And I doubt I could access my NOW TV channels through a free view box. I hope I'm wrong about that.

This is why the NOW TV Gen 1 box was the perfect solution. That's why I'm saying it's a bit daft that they have dumped the option of pausing terrestrial TV and being able to access digital and terrestrial TV with the same remote. 

It's a step backwards if you ask me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

The NOW TV Gen 1 box has an aerial socket because I have been using one for several years. However because it is so old some channels do not appear.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Indeed, the smart box if I’m not mistaken? Which I thought was a good device. 

What I meant is currently manufactured and sold streaming devices such as Apple TV, Amazon and Roku don’t offer the aerial connection 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

Oh sorry, my mistake. So it appears that without the vintage gen 1 box there is no way to pause terrestrial TV and use one remote with a NOW TV account. I think they shot themselves in the foot.

I can see myself going back to Virgin or Sky which I've been trying to avoid. Not being able to pause terrestrial TV is a real pain in the neck. For me it's a deal breaker.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

What channels are you wanting to pause? 

As I know for a fact you can pause the BBC channels on iPlayer. Not sure about the live channels on ITV, All4 and My5, just know they offer live channels.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008

All the terrestrial channels.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Just out of curiosity, apart from sports on ITV etc, what other reason why would you want to pause live TV?

redchiz1
Champion 2

@gavs82008 Ooh, really? I do it quite regularly: random interruptions; go to the loo; get a drink/snack etc. And also able to skip through ads if applicable. As my habits have changed, especially in respect of recording, I use my trusty YouView box far less for that since I plugged a hard drive into my TV.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@redchiz1 

Sorry it must just be the fact I’ve fully converted to all things on demand and being able to pause etc whenever I need to. 

For me I seldom watch anything live unless it’s sports.

redchiz1
Champion 2

@gavs82008 Me too, but It's still handy to be able to pause the occasional terrestrial stuff. Which I think is the last posters beef.