cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

what did people think of The Flash?

I think the first episode of The flash was better than the first episode of Arrow. The Flash shows promise and I will continue watching.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
15 REPLIES 15
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Thanks! Smiley Very Happy

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 wrote: 

The Flash is sci-fi yes, but it's comic book universe sci-fi and that is often very different to normal sci-fi. The comic book universe pushes the boundaries of believability all the time and sometimes throws reality out the window completely. It's Supposed to take itself too seriously and it's meant to be fun "The flash" is the kind of show that allows you to switch off and forget about reality. for roughly 40 minutes.(If you're watching on demand and don't watch adverts that is Smiley Happy) Let's face it, we all need to forget about the real world. Occasionally

@caseyb1993 and @ukbobboy

woops I meant to say it's not supposed to take itself too seriously. Look at what I actually put Smiley Sad 

@caseyb1993 . Yes, I will watch Supergirl not sure it will be as good as "arrow" and "the Flash" but I will give it a go.Smiley Happy any excuse see more of the DC comics universeSmiley Very Happy haven't decided whether watch it live or on demand yet though.

With regard to watching the live channels. If you have a black nowTV box. Have you tried an ethernet connection because whilst the connection speed requirements for the live channels are not that high (2.5 Mbps or 2500Kbps) . The connection does need to be very stable due to the lack of buffer. Some people have reported that Wi-Fi just doesn't cut it when using the live channels. Because Wi-Fi by its very nature can be very unstable.

The connection speed that Wi-Fi provides will often fluctuate if the connection speed was to drop too low, you would lose the live stream. Which would account for the buffering. It doesn't matter quite so much for OnDemand content. Due to the presence of a buffer. Your device should be able to download 15 to 20 seconds of content in advance playing it when watching on demand.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 DC is the best! We collect the DC chess sets, we are currently collecting the 3 player one!

Also, did you watch the Lego DC film on movies? I really enjoyed that especially as Nolan North voiced Superman Smiley Very Happy

The router is in a different room with the phone so I can't do that sadly. It's not really a big of a deal to me though as there are alot of brilliant shows/movies anyway Smiley Very Happy

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 wrote:

@commanda6 DC is the best! We collect the DC chess sets, we are currently collecting the 3 player one!

Also, did you watch the Lego DC film on movies? I really enjoyed that especially as Nolan North voiced Superman Smiley Very Happy

The router is in a different room with the phone so I can't do that sadly. It's not really a big of a deal to me though as there are alot of brilliant shows/movies anyway Smiley Very Happy

@caseyb1993 not yet. Truthfully, I don't like the Lego movies much . But I might give the DC ones a go. I do however own some of the DC universe animated movies

ukbobboy
Legend

Hi commanda6

I would just like to reply to your post:

You said:  The Flash is sci-fi yes, but it's comic book universe sci-fi and that is often very different to normal sci-fi. The comic book universe pushes the boundaries of believability all the time and sometimes throws reality out the window completely.

I think the main thrust of your remark here is "reality", sci-fi whether it is lighthearted like the Flash or dark like season three of the Arrow, always push the boundaries of reality and stretch believabilty to it's breaking point.  However, the point I'm making is that all the characters are human beings in extra-ordinary situations but human beings nontheless.

You also said: It's not supposed to take itself too seriously and it's meant to be fun "The flash" is the kind of show that allows you to switch off and forget about reality. for roughly 40 minutes.

I totally agree with that statement, watching The Flash, Arrow and hopefully the forthcoming Supergirl does allow me to forget my troubles for the 40 or so minutes the show is on.  I guess that's why I like sci-fi shows and films above other forms of entertainment.

UK Bob

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy wrote:

Hi commanda6

I would just like to reply to your post:

I think the main thrust of your remark here is "reality", sci-fi whether it is lighthearted like the Flash or dark like season three of the Arrow, always push the boundaries of reality and stretch believabilty to it's breaking point.  However, the point I'm making is that all the characters are human beings in extra-ordinary situations but human beings nontheless.

UK Bob

Hi,  @ukbobboy 

We could end up getting into a significant sci-fi discussion here Smiley LOL as I love sci-fi. That's fine by meSmiley Very Happy

What I'm saying is that the comic book universe pushes the boundaries of reality and believability a bit more than ordinary sci-fi often does not which is why comic book universe stuff isn't for everybody. When it comes to the comic universe. We are often not dealing with reality at all. The characters in "the Flash." For example, including the Flash himself have been in events/accidents which have altered their DNA beyond that of a human being. This is particularly the case for the Flash himself.