cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

what did people think of The Flash?

I think the first episode of The flash was better than the first episode of Arrow. The Flash shows promise and I will continue watching.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Arrow had a Different actor take over the role and suffered for it as smallville was not even dead realy, the Arrow had been in Smallville a lot as a rival to clark... ( Money buys every thing vs farm boy... )

The New Arrow actor played aqua man orginaly but that show failed to spin of... from smallville...

The actor From the arrow series that played the Flash in arrow was argeed before hand and was able to be in both... So its of to a better start... So the change in actor is not so bad, Cross overs Will be common when shows are runing side by side on networks for the first year thats the only down side... Season 2 will likely see crossovers end..

Having the OLDER Flash Actor play the younger Flash Dad is a good stunt for those who saw the FIRST colour TV series, He was a lot older when he got his powers in that show... plus all of the cast were a lot older as it went for the 20-40 veiwers not teenagers... 

Realy hope its not going to be a single young superpowered vs the flash every week  but if their going for a multi series story arch there will be a lot of filler episodes so they will need a lot of different powers for 1 a week...

The arrow season 3 episode 1 is a see it first episode on BskyB... So both series Episode 1 have aired on the dish service...

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Are we both talking about the same Arrow? I mean the first episode in 2012. I do not even count the arrow in Smallville was a bit rubbish. The arrow might not be aimed at teens as it can be dark. it is more tame than it should be but that is because it is US TV. in the UK if something is rated 15 it is in most cases not tame. In the US they are strict on TV age ratings which leads to a lot of shows being tame  what is rated 12 in the Uk would often be 15 in the US

The origanal flash was before my time How old do you think I am?  Smiley LOL

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

CW don't do adult prime time... Its teen junk.. for them to watch at uni college...

WB did Adult shows like supernatural but CW has killed most of the adult shows dead...

The 100

Flash

Arrow

Vampire diaries...

Starcrossed

The Originals

Beauty and the beast

Are not targeted for adults... They do allow adults to switch off and not have any complex plots lines true... 

Legend 5
Legend 5

Put it on to see how good it is, hopefully should get to watch them all. Thought the warning at start about flashing images was amusing.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@4268 Glad I'm not the only one who picked up on that!  I've seen The Flash season 1 and the first episode of season 2. I regret getting a movie pass as now I am way behind on entertainment Smiley LOL 

Not just for NOWTV, I've not watched Keith Lemon Back T'Future yet on ITV2

Homeland or The Big Bang Theory on All4

I'll be behind on the new Vampire Diaries on ITV2 as remember my aerial is snapped so can't get freeview.

I know ITVPlayer has live tv but it buffers for me.

Hoping to get it sorted soon finally.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

Dear Members

I've just seen episode 4 of season 2 of "The Flash" and I must say it is one of the most illogical and unlikely episodes I have ever seen. I know it's all fantasy/Sci-Fi and to enjoy the show you must have/take a hefty dose of "disbelief", but the way they introduced a new secondary super hero (Fire Storm) was just too much to swallow.

I'm not going to say any more about this show because it may not have been widely seen yet but, from my point of view (as a Sci-Fi fan), there has to be a scintilla of believability.

UK Bob

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy wrote:

Dear Members

I've just seen episode 4 of season 2 of "The Flash" and I must say it is one of the most illogical and unlikely episodes I have ever seen. I know it's all fantasy/Sci-Fi and to enjoy the show you must have/take a hefty dose of "disbelief", but the way they introduced a new secondary super hero (Fire Storm) was just too much to swallow.

I'm not going to say any more about this show because it may not have been widely seen yet but, from my point of view (as a Sci-Fi fan), there has to be a scintilla of believability.

UK Bob

Hi  @4268 @caseyb1993 @ukbobboy

Yeah the warning about flashing images at the start of virtually every episode is amusingSmiley LOL for me "The Flash" has the edge over "arrow" at the moment.

Although "arrow" season four seems better than season three so farSmiley Happy season three was just very dark from the very beginning and never got any lighter, which took some of the fun out of it. Not that season three was good because it was.

@ukbobboy . It shouldn't be possible for you to have seen episode four of season two yet, because it hasn't aired in the UK. Did you mean episode four season one?

The Flash is sci-fi yes, but it's comic book universe sci-fi and that is often very different to normal sci-fi. The comic book universe pushes the boundaries of believability all the time and sometimes throws reality out the window completely. It's Supposed to take itself too seriously and it's meant to be fun "The flash" is the kind of show that allows you to switch off and forget about reality. for roughly 40 minutes.(If you're watching on demand and don't watch adverts that is Smiley Happy) Let's face it, we all need to forget about the real world. Occasionally

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 Will you be watching Supergirl? I'm excited for it but will have to catchup later. LiveTV seems to buffer alot for me but that is my internet speed not the box's fault. Smiley LOL

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@caseyb1993 episode 1 is already there as a preview