cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

using a now box on holiday

Can I use a NOW box on holiday in spain?

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Nope

Anonymous User
Not applicable
What if i use a VPN which indicates I am still in UK?
By the way thanks for your time.
Petejay
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User to add to @Anonymous User you can't access any Now services outside of UK on any device.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.

Would that also be true if you had got a VPN server on your network at home that can access the internet in the UK, and you accessed NOW TV remotely from overseas using a device (e.g. tablet) that had a VPN connection back to the VPN server at home?

Legend 5
Legend 5

@dr_necessitor  You are not allowed to watch Now from overseas.  It is a breach of terms to do so.  I am sorry but I am flagging your post as abuse so they can check you are not using a VPN and attempting to use it overseas!

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
BicBasher
Elite

In any case, the best way to ensure you get the best possible picture in the UK is not to use a VPN or DNS Proxy with the service.  You'll find as I did a few months ago that I couldn't sign into my devices when using it, despite being in the UK!

I've configured the DNS Proxy per device, so that the Smart Box uses Google DNS from the router instead, which doesn't breach the terms and conditions.

If you use a proxy on your PC, use DNS Jumper to change it back to either the ISP DNS or Google DNS, so you're not in breach of the T&C's.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.

@4268 wrote:

@dr_necessitor  You are not allowed to watch Now from overseas.  It is a breach of terms to do so.  I am sorry but I am flagging your post as abuse so they can check you are not using a VPN and attempting to use it overseas!

Seems a bit of a harsh reaction/response, if you don't mind me saying so!  Was just asking a question, one that sprang to mind as a tech minded person (and one that others like me were probably thinking)...

I've obviously never tried it, otherwise I would have already known that (apparently) it doesn't work, pointed out by a subsequent poster!

For the record, I live in the UK and have only ever used the service at my home address.

(I did actually take a NOW TV box on a UK holiday but the TV at the holiday home was wall mounted and didn't have an accessible HDMI port).

"Anyway, I'll get me coat" 😞

And I'll keep my thoughts and comments to my self in future.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hello NOW TV Team Members,

Given the subject matter, I think it may be time to close this topic...

Anonymous User
Not applicable
What if I use a VPN which hides my whereabouts?
Many thanks for your time?
Petejay