Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

subtitles

462 REPLIES 462
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I set my mum's Now TV account up for her yesterday and she rang me today asking how to turn the subtitles on. She is hard of hearing and in this day and age I cannot believe a service like this has not got subtitles! It didn't even enter my head to check before hand because I just assumed that a company of this size would have subtitles. Oh well, at least it's only a 30 day trial.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I should have checked here first! Both my wife and I are deaf, and I am disgusted that Sky/Now TV are so dismissive of the needs of literally millions of people with hearing problems. There is only one solution which is to take our obviously unwanted business elsewhere.....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subtitles also help at night, not to disturb your partner, when the headphones are broken. Most dialogue is ununderstandable with sound is turned down. Even with sound booster set high on the telly. 

Basically have to switch to Netflix at night. 

This is lame for a Multinational company and can only be a conscious decision after so many years. At least then work on the sound so the voices are clearer. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just signed up for this because I wanna see the films, now I don't see any subtitles? I'm disappointed! I am also deaf and I kinda feel insulted.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is disgraceful. This subject of subtitles has been going on for ages, yet with the introduction of the new black box, subtitles are still missing. Discrimination and apathy from Now TV............shocking

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's ridiculous. Add subtitles
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's now September 2015 and NOW TV (Sky) have a new (black) box with enhanced functionality but STILL NO SUBTITLES!!

The lack of subtitle functionality on anything other than BBC's iPlayer clearly discriminates against those who have signed up and paid for NOW TV but are unfortunately hearing impaired.

As the advertising that is convincing people to buy the new black box (and the old one) apparently fails to point out this very important limitation, It would seem likely that the company may be some way in breach of it's duty to the customer, and possibly The Equality Act 2010 in relation to access to goods, services and facilities.

With so many complaints having been logged on the NOW TV Community Forum over a very significant period of time, and no apparent attempt being made by NOW TV/Sky to fix this issue within the relaunch of their hardware, could it now be time to seek collective redress through a Group (Class) Action against the company?

Any NOW TV customers who have been impacted by this functional failing and also have connections with the legal profession?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have cognitive problems and find following dialogue difficult, so I need subtitles for drama, especially American drama where the actors talk very fast and often use slang phrases I'm not familiar with. I cancelled my Entertainment Pass with great disappointment because it was useless to me without subtitles (and said so). Now NowTV have suddenly extended the pass for another month for free! So frustrating..... Please provide subtitles.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cancelled my Now TV I struggle without subtitles and think it is a disgrace that people with hearing difficulties are are deliberately discriminated against, and to read hear you've been aware of this for 2 years is more disgraceful. I luckily had access to the app so realised this without losing too much money, but what happens to those with hearing difficulties who spend their money on the box only to not be able to use it.

Another customer lost from my point of view. And I have forwarned friends and family about this. They all opted for going to other streaming products, which provide subtitles, no just because of the lack of subtitles but when my partner used it experienced countless issues with it, from failing to load programs, the interface making it hard to find a specific programme/film up to not being able to access it aLlandudno due to technical difficulties.

Netflix and other services have not had such problems.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would like to know when Now Tv will have the subtitles. Thank you.