Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

subtitles

462 REPLIES 462
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is here because people are shocked and disgusted to find now TV or sky on demand does not offer subtitles. Despite signing people up to promotions who require it, they need to be more honest about it. Legalisation is currently being looked into, too force them to supply subtitles. From a business point of view they are alienating 7 million possible customers. Not good sense!!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No you won't, until you are forced with legalisation to not discriminate. On demand content in the USA is covered by the same laws as normal tv, protecting those who require them. Between 7 & 10 million people rely on subtitles in the Uk!!! Lost customers.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just adding my voice to the plea

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have just joined now tv for the movies and extremely disappointed with the lack of subtitles.

My wife has trouble hearing the sound and has to use the subtitles,this has been an incredible disappointment as we can't enjoy a movie together.

Sadly we will be leaving.

Also im shocked that this has not been done after reading this thread and many other complaints all over the internet.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is one of the most requested "Ideas" on here as well:

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideaexchangepage/blog-id/My_Ideas/tab/most-kudoed

Though as others have said it should really come as standard and is perhaps even close to being illegal on one or more of the UK disability laws.

What is the official line from NOW TV on why they can't add subtitles?

I have heard that they are easily available online from unofficial means - NOW TV are implicitly encouraging deaf and hard of hearing people to use these rather than their official legal service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just signed up for a month's free trial of Films on Now TV.

The lack of subtitles is quite frankly a disgrace in this day and age.

I wear two hearing aids and use subtitles on mainstream terrestial TV all the time and on DVD/Blu-Ray.

What kind of archaic and discrimanatory practice is this then?

At the moment can 100% state that I won't pay to subscribe after my free month when subtitles are not available.

Divvey

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am currently suffering with hearing problems and find it disgraceful that are no subtitle options. I enjoyed nowtv when i didnt have hearing problems. now im unable to fully enjoy nowtv without the subtitles options. GET THOS SORTED OUT.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My hearing isn't great and I have a young baby in the house (slightest noise wakes him up) so I find it extremely useful to watch a film at low volume with subtitles. It would be great for now tv to add subtitles. Is it difficult from a techie point of view? (I have no idea how these things work!)
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just adding my support.

This thread is three years old, and still nothing has been done about this. You can't say there's no discrimination while ignoring 22 pages of pleas, and goodness knows how many additions on the suggestions area. C'mon NowTV, sort it out.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes.....I play Now TV at their own game. I will NOT pay one single penny for access to the service. However, they regularly GIVE the service away for FREE. Then and only THEN do I utilise the service. Immediately after taking them up on their offer I then cancel the service!!!! Now TV not costing me a single penny. I would gladly pay for the services if they would offer subtitles.

Furthermore I am sick and tired of reading how Now TV/SKY care about it's customer feedback and value their customers. Utter rot!!! Look at all these pages and their response? Total ingorance and disregard!!!!!!!

I urge you all to cancel the service and only take advantage when it works for you, i.e is free!!!!!